Grossman to Start - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Grossman to Start

Moderator: Football Moderators

Grossman to Start

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:08 pm

News
We still haven’t heard the words “Rex Grossman will start” from the mouth of Bears’ head coach Dick Jauron, but the Chicago Tribune reports the coach has said those words to his players. The Tribune cites sources with the team, as saying Grossman will make his NFL debut on Sunday as the starter against the Vikings. "Am I as ready as I want to be? I don't know yet," Grossman told the paper on Tuesday. Expect an official announcement from Jauron this afternoon.

Views
Grossman has a stronger arm than Kordell Stewart and Chris Chandler and by all accounts has worked extremely hard to prepare this season. That being said, fantasy players know to never trust any element of a passing game that involves a rookie quarterback, especially in their first start. The Bears face a porous Vikings’ secondary this week, but that secondary can turn aggressive and pick off a lot of passes when their offense builds a lead. It’s fantasy playoff time, so leave Bears on the bench.

this from yahoo or fanball I forget.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby cwebb » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:27 am

It's out now, he'll start. Hopefully he'll get some good snaps for next season, and da Bears go back to the playoffs!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:22 am

i wouldn't START him this week i would pick him up off wiavers and wait and see what happens against a very sorry viking d
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kashikis » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:15 pm

I like the fact they are letting him get reps in at the end of the season. They gain nothing by keeping him out. Now the good > putting him in gets him experience, breaks of his rust, and will probably make them lose. You may ask yourself why is losing good, well draft position my friends. They couls lock up a pick to bring Larry Fitzgerald or another stud top their team.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby MMH » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:50 pm

I like Grossman a lot and in a keeper league I would certainly pick him up and stash him away.

He is fairly worthless this season though. Snow is forcast in Chicago and you are taking a hell of a risk to start a rookie in the play off weeks with the chance of Snow. If it was earlier in the season fine but otherwise he aint worth the risk.
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby foreverabearsfan » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:47 pm

about freakin time! i am so excited for this sunday. against the vikings, no less. imagine if he notched his first win while frucking up the vikings playoff rank... then again that would let the packers win the division... crap, a lose lose situation

anyway good luck rex.
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Go Packers » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:28 pm

I am not happy! Just give away the game to the Vikes! The vikes will likely win the division if they win. to look at the bright side the Raiders and Chargers beat the Vikings even with Rick Mirer maybe miracles can happen. If the Packers don't win the division they still have a good Wild Card spot, hopefully the Cowboys or Seahawks lose. Good news the Seahhawks play 2 more road games and they can't win on the road.
Go Packers

Friendliness: %

Postby JEB » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:08 am

What do you mean your not happy Go Packers? This is the best thing that could happen for packers fans. Finally Chicago is playing a decent QB. I think the Bears have a good shot at beating the Vikes. You should be estatic. Just no pleasing you cheeseheads. :-°
JEB
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Poobah » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:51 am

I picked up the Minnesota defense up in every league I'm still playing in, still deciding whether I'm gonna start them or not....
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby The Super Freak » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:07 am

Go Packers wrote:I am not happy! Just give away the game to the Vikes! The vikes will likely win the division if they win. to look at the bright side the Raiders and Chargers beat the Vikings even with Rick Mirer maybe miracles can happen. If the Packers don't win the division they still have a good Wild Card spot, hopefully the Cowboys or Seahawks lose. Good news the Seahhawks play 2 more road games and they can't win on the road.

we would beat the bears even if Kordell started!!!!! LOL HE IS SOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!!!
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk