My First Ever Fantasy Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

My First Ever Fantasy Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

My First Ever Fantasy Team

Postby lsugrldej8 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:49 pm

I joined my husband's fantasy league because they needed one more player. It's 10 teams and we use the standard ESPN Fantasy scoring.

Here is my team...I'm worried about Romo and what he has done. Dalton is on the waviers should I get him and then pair Romo with a RB to get a WR1?

QB - Romo, Locker
RB - MJD, DMC, Mathews, Benson, Hillis, Wells, Chris Johnson
WR - Bowe, V Jackson, Ogletree, Hill
TE - Finley
k- Hanson
D - Bills
10 team - Non-PPR scoring

QB - Romo, Locker
RB - MJD, DMC, Mathews, Benson, Hillis, Wells, Chris Johnson
WR - Bowe, V Jackson, Ogletree, Hill
TE - Finley
k- Hanson
D - Bills
lsugrldej8
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: My First Ever Fantasy Team

Postby geekahedron » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:16 pm

The bench side of your RBs looks pretty bad; holding and wishing for CJ0K to shape up is bad enough without dragging along Hillis and Wells as dead weight too. You can't count on Ogletree for a repeat of week 1, and in a 10-team league I'm sure there are free agent tight ends I would rather have than Finley (Rudolph, Pitta, Bennett, Daniels).

I would hold out on Romo, you don't have the RB depth to trade and selling him after a bad week is just going to mean getting less for him. I think you have to run with Romo or else you sell yourself short.
12-team PPR [QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DST]: QB: Brees | WR: Green, Fitz, Austin, Floyd, Britt, Jennings | RB: Alf, Martin, TRich, Ridley, Sproles | TE: Myers | K: Bryant | DST: SF49
geekahedron
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: My First Ever Fantasy Team

Postby chargergdm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:21 pm

I agree with ditching Hillis, but you have to hold onto Chris Johnson and Wells. Johnson is still the most talented RB that Tennessee has. Plus, he's getting paid a boat load. His offensive line is horrible, but I don't imagine he'll stay THIS bad all year. I think he'll merit a RB2 or Flex start depending on his match up. Wells is also a starting RB. He is a boom or bust RB, but I doubt you can find someone on the waiver wire that will be able to replace him at this point. It looks like Draughn may be taking over the backup role in KC, so I wouldn't worry too much about losing him. You'll never start your bench RB's over DMC, Mathews, and MJD as long as they are healthy. Just look to your bench for bye week fills.

Bowe has the potential to be a WR1. He is second in the league for targets right now. (37) But I agree that there must be some better options than Ogletree. Some guys who may available who get a lot of targets: Brian Hartline, Kendall Wright, Amendola.

I'd stay stick with Romo right now, but you could try some trades for bigger name WRs or a QB. Wells and Chris Johnson both have upside, so if you wanted to add some WR depth or fish for a higher end QB, you may be able to sell them.
chargergdm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings