Lost again this week need help! LONG POST. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Lost again this week need help! LONG POST. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lost again this week need help! LONG POST. WHIR

Postby ObeYsXeGianT » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm

So I lost again this week (1-2) and the worst part is I keep benching my best players and it is pissing me off... Especially since I have money on this league and I was so happy with my draft for the most part...

Standard 12 team 1 PPR
My team: This is how I set my roster up for week 3

QB: Cassel (picked him up in FA to play this week...bad move...this slot gets changed around a lot)
WR1: Calvin Johnson
WR2: Percy Harvin
RB1: DeMarco Murray
RB2: BJGE
TE: Dennis Pitta
RB/WR: Doug Martin
K: Matt Bryant
Def: Detroit
BN: Kyle Rudolph, Steven Jackson, Matt Schaub, Reggie Wayne, Cedric Benson, Titus Young

My wide receivers have been awesome and getting Reggie Wayne so late in the draft was awesome...but I don't really know what to do with him...

So on to the questions:
1) So I am assuming it is safe to go ahead and drop Detroit as my def and just play the matchups or pickup someone like the Cowboys who have been at least getting points each week (0 points this week for Lions D)... I gave them slack because of their matchups, but 44 points to the Titans? C'mon now...

2) I have been playing Martin in my flex because I trust a back more than a receiver usually, but Wayne has been consistently out producing Martin on the bench (still have faith S.Jackson will eventually get back to my second back status, if not I rank Martin higher than BJGE) and was wondering what your thoughts on constantly using Wayne as my flex over Martin/BJGE.

3a) I have faith in Schaub to do the right thing to win the game for his team, which doesn't always equate to good fantasy numbers... He is capable of a great game like he had yesterday, but is just as capable of running the ball 24356 times in a game and not get me squat... I am really having a hard time deciding what to do with my QB position... Do I just ride Schaub week in and week out and hope for the best... or do I pick up someone who has been more consistent on the waiver wire (Palmer/Fitz)? Even if I do that (which I probably will regardless), is Palmer/Fitz good enough to be trusted week in and week out or will I still be playing matchups/coin flip each week?

3b) I have also been contemplating the though of seriously trying to trade one of my 5 backs+maybe Schaub, for a good QB. I have been lowballing around because I don't really want to get rid of a back, but my depth at WR/RB is making be almost think I HAVE to do this to compete. The guy with Rodgers in our league just has Romo stashed on the bench and his backs are CRAP. I have sent him a lowballish offer (Schaub+Benson) for Romo... I was also thinking of maybe offering him S.Jax straight up for Romo. Cam coming off a bad week and his owner also has CRAP backs. Who would you package with Schaub (sell high) to try to talk this guy out of his QB?

I don't know if I trust Romo/Cam more than I trust someone like Palmer though... so I don't even know if trading is worth it... Considering Palmer's production so far has been very respectable and if he keeps it going I am going to be kicking myself for trading away some of my depth for something I could have picked up for free...

Any help would be VERY appreciated! I WHIR 100% just post a link.
ObeYsXeGianT
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lost again this week need help! LONG POST. WHIR

Postby TheLeague1907 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:29 pm

1) yes, im doing the same i mean 44 points given up to the titans? come on
2) Martin not as good as i thought hed be. Id say play wayne unless waynes matchup is really tough or martins really easy
3a) Palmer and Fitzpatrick are even more unreliable than Schaub, at least he plays well when he gets the chances, stay with him
3b) Try to get Matt Ryan if hes not being started
Please help me here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=522283
TheLeague1907
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench