Big Trade. Inc Brady, RG3, Charles, and more! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Big Trade. Inc Brady, RG3, Charles, and more!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Big Trade. Inc Brady, RG3, Charles, and more!

Postby Huntyadown » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 pm

I need some outside opinions on this trade offered to me today. He is 3-0 already and I don't want to make his team unbeatable, but I am 1-2, I am Deep at RB and Brady is slacking. This is a standard scoring no PPR, bonus points for yardage and long plays, special teams yardage, and the most important thing to note is flex position is only W/TE, so I can only play two RB.

I Get : RG3, Fitzgerald(Or Cruz, whichever I want), and Cobb

I Lose : Brady, Jamaal Charles, Dennis Pitta

My Roster:
QB: Brady
RB: Forte, Charles, Martin, M. Bush, Leshoure.
WR: Harvin, Lloyd, Wayne, Ogletree(Prob Dropping), DHB (Dropping)
TE: Bennett, Pettigrew, Pitta
K: Bryant
DST: Jets(Dropping)

His Roster:
QB: RG3, Rivers
RB: K. Smith, A. Foster, S. Jackson, M. Goodson, D. Richardson.
WR: Cruz, Fitzgerald, D. Thomas, N. Washington, M. Colston, R. Cobb
TE: Finley
K: Gostkowski
DST: Eagles
Huntyadown
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big Trade. Inc Brady, RG3, Charles, and more!

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 pm

nope.. dont like it. Brady is better then RG3 IMO, and I dont like giving up Charles. I think Charles putting together good games is more likely then Fitz doing the same.

Bottom line is you're giving up two studs and only gettin 1 back

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=522298
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby Huntyadown » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:03 pm

prophecy135 wrote:nope.. dont like it. Brady is better then RG3 IMO, and I dont like giving up Charles. I think Charles putting together good games is more likely then Fitz doing the same.

That's a good point. My biggest concern is with Charles. With how bad the Chiefs have been I have a really hard time believing he can put up consistent starter numbers. I believe the Chiefs will be playing catchup in almost every game this season.Last week 160 yards of his 233 were off of two plays. If those plays were only a typical 10 yarders or so, he's at less than 100 yards and 1 touchdown, barely qualifying as solid RB starter numbers.
Huntyadown
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby duffoholic » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Saying that about Charles is silly. Without his explosive big plays he isn't as valuable. The same is true of Cruz and Fitz. I don't think this is the best trade for ya though. You really aren't that deep at RB. Martin hasn't done anything oustanding this year, Forte is hurt and splitting with Bush when he gets back, and speaking of a team that stands to be chasing, Leshoure might not get many 4th quarter touches.

If you think RG3 will keep up the production though and have faith in your stable of backs go for it. Brady could be struggling for another couple weeks until that offence gets it's shit together.
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Huntyadown wrote:
prophecy135 wrote:nope.. dont like it. Brady is better then RG3 IMO, and I dont like giving up Charles. I think Charles putting together good games is more likely then Fitz doing the same.

That's a good point. My biggest concern is with Charles. With how bad the Chiefs have been I have a really hard time believing he can put up consistent starter numbers. I believe the Chiefs will be playing catchup in almost every game this season.Last week 160 yards of his 233 were off of two plays. If those plays were only a typical 10 yarders or so, he's at less than 100 yards and 1 touchdown, barely qualifying as solid RB starter numbers.

you cant base that off of "if this happened" or "if that happened" fact is they did, and his value is due to the big plays that he's capable of. Charles 2 years ago had the best yards/carry that anyone has posted in YEARS, not that year, YEARS. If you want to handicap Charles value due to him getting big plays or not then you need to go ahead and devalue everyone, Fitz has the same issues. I dont think RG3 continues at the same rate as he has in the first 2 weeks, he's not a Cam Newton, and teams figured Cam out last year too. Defenses in the NFL learn fast.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby Huntyadown » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks for all the input guys! You really made me realize that I was having a knee jerk reaction. Appreciated!
Huntyadown
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions