Sorry Packer fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sorry Packer fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sorry Packer fans

Postby SeaWolf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:43 pm

I now know what's it's like to be a Steelers fan, and I do not like it. NO GAME not even a Super Bowl should be determined by bad officals. The Seahawks should have lost.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sorry Packer fans

Postby nbay23 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:34 am

Yeah, that was brutal. What a disgrace.

On a fantasy note. I'm sure many owners lost their matchup this week after Tate caught that last "TD". Or, what is even more brutal if thought they won because Wilson threw that last interception, only to realize it was turned into a TD.

Anyone care to share their story??
nbay23 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:44 am

The NFL has issued a statement on the call:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -touchdown
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:49 am

...of course it should never come down to the final minute, the Packers offense did not play up to their standards - their offensive line was a sieve especially in the first half, Rodgers could have gone into the stands and grabbed 5 fans who would have given him better protection. Kudos to the Seahawks for totally confusing the Packers offense and not letting them dictate how the game unfolded.
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:17 pm

stomperrob wrote:...of course it should never come down to the final minute, the Packers offense did not play up to their standards - their offensive line was a sieve especially in the first half, Rodgers could have gone into the stands and grabbed 5 fans who would have given him better protection. Kudos to the Seahawks for totally confusing the Packers offense and not letting them dictate how the game unfolded.

;-D

That 1st half Seahawk Def was crazy good.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby joelackey92 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:33 pm

"After further review, we have determined that the shortstop maintained possession of the ball, thus resulting in a defensive safety for the SuperSonics."
"In six games as the tail back, I had 18 touchdowns. That's when I knew I had some athletic ability." - LeBron James
joelackey92
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:35 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
stomperrob wrote:...of course it should never come down to the final minute, the Packers offense did not play up to their standards - their offensive line was a sieve especially in the first half, Rodgers could have gone into the stands and grabbed 5 fans who would have given him better protection. Kudos to the Seahawks for totally confusing the Packers offense and not letting them dictate how the game unfolded.

;-D

That 1st half Seahawk Def was crazy good.

Yeah, Chris Clemons really helped me in my IDP league! ;-D ;-D

Seattle D/ST is becoming a good team to start, really seem to be building on last year's success. I have them in a couple leagues and am trying to get them in more.
stomperrob

Postby joejlitz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:40 pm

I know I am in the minority but the only thing I can clearly say with conviction is that there was nothing conclusive about the catch/interception. Unlike the rest of the media pundits who want to use this as a target of opportunity to bash the officials, I cannot look at the replays and definitively say that there was not simultaneous possession.

I'm fact, I will take it one step further and say that as I watched the play live and on replay, I actually sided with the officials. To me, it looks like both players have control of the ball.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bleak » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 pm

joejlitz wrote:I know I am in the minority but the only thing I can clearly say with conviction is that there was nothing conclusive about the catch/interception. Unlike the rest of the media pundits who want to use this as a target of opportunity to bash the officials, I cannot look at the replays and definitively say that there was not simultaneous possession.

I'm fact, I will take it one step further and say that as I watched the play live and on replay, I actually sided with the officials. To me, it looks like both players have control of the ball.

My thoughts also.
bleak
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 pm

bleak wrote:
joejlitz wrote:I know I am in the minority but the only thing I can clearly say with conviction is that there was nothing conclusive about the catch/interception. Unlike the rest of the media pundits who want to use this as a target of opportunity to bash the officials, I cannot look at the replays and definitively say that there was not simultaneous possession.

My thoughts also.

Wow. Can say without hesitation that I saw live and on replay the exact opposite. One guy caught the ball and one guy caught the guy who caught the ball. The only thing Golden about that play was the shower the Packers got.
As for the opportunity to bash, it wasn't taken it was given. The league and subsstandard replacements gave the opportunity. Had they been competent we would have made allowances for some errors.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Next

Return to Football Talk