Sorry Packer fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sorry Packer fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sorry Packer fans

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 pm

i thought there were only three guys who actually believed that was a TD before reading this thread (tate, the ref, and pete carroll)

not to mention the blatant offensive passing interference on tate.

i see it like mooch.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:41 am

I also agree 100% with Mooch.. I think to myself how can anyone see that as a TD? Then I see the Seahawks avatar in his signature.. :-D I had absolutely no rooting interest. Not a fan of either team, no money on the line, no fantasy players in play, etc. and I found it as a total disgrace to the game and felt jipped....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Chicago 2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:55 am

It was a disgusting game to watch altogether.

I can nitpick and complain all I want but the fact of the matter is the game is over and there is nothing Green Bay can do about it but go out next week and win. If we lose to the Saints I will be worried as there clearly aren't as many gimmes on the schedule as I thought going into the year.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby joejlitz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 am

I just haven't heard a good explanation for why it is NOT simultaneous possession. Someone please make a good argument. But before you do, watch the replay and consider there were four hands on the ball before any feet hit the ground. Furthermore, consider the NFL's rule on what constitutes a catch in the end zone (possession all the way to the ground through the completion of the play).
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby petedog9 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:32 am

Here's my take on what I saw and lets not even talk about the Offensive PI as I dont beleive anyone can dispute that, but just the catch itself. Tate doesnt catch the ball, He caught the defender. His hands are not on the ball but rather one hand is on it and it's stuck against Jennings' chest as he (Jennings) has both arms wrapped around the ball and secured to his chest. Tate has one arm pinned and the other wrapped around Jennings above the ball itself. I also see Tate behind Jennings with his arms wrapped around Jennings.

If they were face to face with all 4 arms intertwined, I could see the argument. But I dont see it here. Jenning had two arms wrapped around it with control. Tate did not. Once they came to the ground Tate has even less of the ball and only after the scrum does he gain any kind of possession. Even if you beleive he had two hands on the ball in the air and coming down and by rule, must "complete the catch" , he does not after they hit the ground. as Jennings clearly has it and Tate does not.

We can break it down fram by fram by by simply looking at it, it want a catch, it was a pick.

ESPN had Jerry Austin ( along time respected & retired ref) and he confirmed it was a blown call.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am

Hopefully this is all over!!!

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that an agreement between the NFL and NFLRA is at hand.
With a deal in principle reached Wednesday morning, the regular officials could be back as soon as this week. All it took was one of the worst calls in league history in front of a national audience on Monday Night Football. The issue will hopefully be put to bed now
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Pete - I just don't agree with the contention that you make and that all of the other TV media has made, that this was "clearly" an INT. It is not clear that this was an interception and it is not clear that it is catch. There was only one angle that showed anything worth analyzing. The other angles are inconclusive.

I saw Tate with two hands on the ball in the air and I saw Jennings with two hands on the ball. Did Jennings appear to have MORE control? That is the argument but I hear everybody complaining about. But I will tell you that that doesn't matter. What matters is that both players had some degree of control over the ball. And that is not measured in the air. It is measured when both players come down, hit the ground, and the play is complete.

I don't know. I must be wrong because I am in the extreme minority however no one has still made a convincing argument to me. I don't have an equity in the outcome or allegiance to either team. I'm just looking for clarity.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:05 pm

petedog9 wrote:Hopefully this is all over!!!

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that an agreement between the NFL and NFLRA is at hand.
With a deal in principle reached Wednesday morning, the regular officials could be back as soon as this week. All it took was one of the worst calls in league history in front of a national audience on Monday Night Football. The issue will hopefully be put to bed now

Wonder how much the Refs loose so that puppet dictator Goodell can satisfy the greed of the foolish owners?
bleep it, send in the clowns, er zebras, and wipe the league of the not ready for primetime, or high level athletic competition replacement refs
But don't forget that the next time Goodell talks of protecting the integrity of the game or player safety, it is nothing more than lip service.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:21 pm

at one point tate took the hand that you could clearly see off the ball and then went back onto it while jennings had it secured through the entirety. that means jennings had complete possession first. watch the slow mo, and watch his right hand.

the point is...there was never a point that jennings didnt have the ball, and have it in control and in his possesstion from the first touch of the ball until the refs made the call. you cant say that about tate.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:28 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:at one point tate took the hand that you could clearly see off the ball and then went back onto it while jennings had it secured through the entirety. that means jennings had complete possession first. watch the slow mo, and watch his right hand.

the point is...there was never a point that jennings didnt have the ball, and have it in control and in his possesstion from the first touch of the ball until the refs made the call. you cant say that about tate.

A good point made by some talking head on the tube today was to imagine if Jennings had a Seahawk uniform on. Would he have been awarded the TD and would there have been any second guessing? Pure truth.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk