Brees or Flacco? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Brees or Flacco?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brees or Flacco?

Postby TheFiveHole » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:03 am

In the past this would have been a no brainer, but this season has been different. So Brees vs GB or Flacco vs Cleveland?
TheFiveHole
Monday Morning Quarterback

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Hockey

Re: Brees or Flacco?

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 am

Go with Brees. I expect a shootout.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelackey92 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Brees is taking on the 8th ranked Green Bay defense this week, and Flacco will be facing the 25th ranked defense this week. Brees hasn't looked like the real Drew Brees as of late; however, he WILL get you points. He failed to put up 300 yards against the Chiefs last week, but he did produce 19 fantasy points against them. Flacco did light up New England last week for almost 400 yards, as well as 3 touchdown passes. Based on what I personally have seen out of the two quarterbacks, there are nearly even. Brees has put up 59 fantasy points, and Flacco has put up 53; it's that close. Green Back is ranked 14th in the league at stopping tight ends (good news for Jimmy Graham), and Cleveland is 30th in the league at stopping wide receivers (good news for Torrey Smith). Choosing who you want to start this week is literally a toss-up. I'd go with Brees, just because it's Drew Brees. You know he'll get you the points.
"In six games as the tail back, I had 18 touchdowns. That's when I knew I had some athletic ability." - LeBron James
joelackey92
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby ProfileNotFound » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:49 pm

I'd actually give Flacco a chance. Brees has been struggling and the NO defense is having a hard time getting him back on the field on 3rd down. If Brees does out score Flacco I don't think it will be by much so imo Flacco is the safest choice.
ProfileNotFound
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench