Jennings/Downtrend RBs for Antonio Brown/Upside RBs WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Jennings/Downtrend RBs for Antonio Brown/Upside RBs WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jennings/Downtrend RBs for Antonio Brown/Upside RBs WHIR

Postby calchido » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:17 pm

Here's the scenario: 14-Team PPR league in which I drafted three WRs with each of my first three picks (landing Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings and Julio Jones), and gambled on some RBs that aren't working out for me (Rashad Jennings, David Wilson, Mark Ingram and Dexter McCluster). I'm currently starting Mark Ingram and Dexter McCluster as my RB1/RB2, which has led to an 0-3 start.

There is an owner in my league who is trying to trade away Antonio Brown, who has a Bye coming up. He also has several second-tier RBs that seem appealing to me, including Ryan Williams, DeAngelo Williams, Lamar Miller, Pierre Thomas, Joique Bell, Jackie Battle and Daryl Richardson.

I am considering offering Greg Jennings / Rashad Jennings / David Wilson in exchange for Antonio Brown / Ryan Williams / Lamar Miller.

My thinking is as follows: (a) I don't like the idea of "selling low" on Jennings, but I don't think that Antonio Brown is that big of a drop-off, particularly because I don't think Jennings has the track record of dominating games (and fantasy matchups) in the same way he did a couple of seasons ago; (b) Wilson has been replaced as the #2 option by Andre Brown, and R. Jennings doesn't look to be getting many touches anytime soon... there's always a chance that MJD goes down, but I'd rather try for players that can help me out in coming weeks before the fantasy season is out of hand (I'm already 0-3); (c) with Beanie hurt, it looks like Ryan Williams could turn into a first-option back, and Lamar Miller ran much better than Daniel Thomas in relief of an injured Bush on Sunday (I don't think that either Beanie or Bush can stay healthy all year, but those are definitely gambles).

Basically, I'm trying to leverage a strength at the WR spot in order to improve my most glaring weakness -- my RB situation. Thoughts on my approach? Are there other RBs that this guy has available that seem equally or more appealing?
calchido
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jennings/Downtrend RBs for Antonio Brown/Upside RBs WHIR

Postby calchido » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:57 am

Anyone?
calchido
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mpt3489 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 am

I do that trade. Greg Jennings and Antonio Brown are reasonably close in value and both see a lot of targets and are really valueable in PPR leagues. The Packers line has been dreadful so far, so Jennings is piling up the catches in games he has played, operating out of the slot. Like you stated I don't like any of your RBs (Jennings, Wilson). Ryan Williams may have a starter job really soon and looked pretty decent in his last game. Lamar Miller is merely a handcuff for Bush, but I would rather have him than Wilson or Jennings.

Help?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=522575
mpt3489
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby no2leads » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:11 am

you have to do something to try and improve your squad, what you have going is not going to cut it.

a) agreed Lamar Miller has some upside, but similiar situation with David Wilson, coaches don't trust rookies to block and understand the offense. David Wilson though now has TWO very competent guys in front of him and Lamar Miller really just one. Thomas is barely average.

b) Antonio Brown for Jennings should be about even over course of entire season. i would lean slightly to Jennings but you don't have much choice here. Pack about to hit easier part of schedule. Pack has so many weapons, will be games he isn't needed as much. obvious now that Steelers are a throwing team this entire season. even with MHall coming back, i have doubts what level he is at (he wasn't elite to begin with)

c) make the trade!

please help me out too!! thanks!
viewtopic.php?t=522571
no2leads
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions