Spiller + WR for Calvin Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Spiller + WR for Calvin Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Spiller + WR for Calvin Johnson

Postby RonJizzuto » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm in a 10 team ESPN league with standard scoring. My team is

QB - Vick, Freeman
RB - McFadden, Forte, Ryan Mathews, CJ Spiller, Mendenhall, Helu
WR - Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, B. Lloyd, Lafell
TE - Witten, Fred Davis

I'm considering making an offer for Calvin Johnson. I was thinking about offering Spiller and Lloyd, but don't know if this would be enough. Would I probably have to give up Thomas or Jones instead of Lloyd? What do you think would be a fair proposal by me and what's the most I should give up at WR here?

I'm kind of having a hard time determining what's fair b/c I don't really know what Spiller is worth now. He was dominating after Jackson got hurt in week 1, but now that he is out for at least 1 week and Jackson is about to come back, what is Spiller's value? Is he still going to be valuable after he and Jackson both come back healthy?
RonJizzuto
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Spiller + WR for Calvin Johnson

Postby etl1692 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:34 am

IMO Calvin Johnson has been that type of player that is realllly tough to trade for or get. He has been solid and consistent, and some people will make u trade an arm and a leg for this guy. In this case it would have to be Spiller and Jones or Thomas, and I like your depth at RB, I just dont know if in the long run it is worth it..... I wouldnt do Julio and Spiller for Megatron, only reason I say that is there isn;t toooo much of a difference, and Spiller is a solid backup (or the way he ahs been playinf starter). I just dont know if its worth it... If u can deal Thomas and Spiller then I say go for it, but I dont think he would take that at all. Some players are just too tough to trade for.

Thanks on mine!
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spiller + WR for Calvin Johnson

Postby etl1692 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:37 am

Thinking about it now, with your depth at RB it wouldnt kill u to lose spiller, and Julio for Calvin straight up is a no brainer. So maybe consider it.... I just also dont like where the Lions are headed this year. Yeah its early, but stafford with hip problems, could spell huge problems for Megatron and his lions. On the other hand u have Matt Ryan and the Falcons clicking on all heals. It seems Ryans favorite target is Julio, and he may actually have more points at the end of this year. Its really a tough call.
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions