Flacco for Rodgers: SHOULD I VETO? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Flacco for Rodgers: SHOULD I VETO? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flacco for Rodgers: SHOULD I VETO? WHIR!

Postby patsavestheday » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 pm

I am the commissioner of a 12 team standard scoring/setup ESPN league (but 6 points for passing TDs, only 1 QB starts), and I need help with a trade that was accepted in our league. Keep in mind that this is a money league (not a ton, $25 buy in).

The trade is as follows:

J. Flacco QB
for
A. Rodgers QB

Should I veto this trade?

Somethings to consider first. I have spoken to the guy giving up Rodgers (via email). First off, he offered the trade to the Rodgers owner. So the guy getting Rodgers is just like "Flacco for Rodgers...um sure!" The man giving up Flacco is fully aware of what he is doing, and basically is just sick of Rodgers sucking and wants to ship him off ASAP. He of course is selling incredibly low, and I believe could be getting much more than that. But should we veto this trade, just because he isn't getting a good enough return? I don't want to help him with a trade just because he is dumb. He feels Flacco will be better the rest of the year than Rodgers. He also mentioned that if Rodgers wasn't on the un-droppable list he probably would have dropped him. I don't think this man has played in many fantasy leagues.

We have a veto vote in the league, but not many have voted and it requires 7 votes for it to be vetoed. If we don't get 7 votes, should I use Commish power and veto or let it go through?

I hate to veto trades, and I am inclined to just let this go through as he wants to to happen (who am I to say that Flacco won't be better than Rodgers at the end of it all, not likely, but who knows). But I don't want a trade to ruin the integrity of the league. I wish the Rodgers owner would just throw in a WR or something to make it more balanced.

PLEASE ADVISE ON WHAT I SHOULD DO, WHIR! :-)
patsavestheday
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flacco for Rodgers: SHOULD I VETO? WHIR!

Postby machine3 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Absolutely not.
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:01 pm

patsavestheday wrote:He feels Flacco will be better the rest of the year than Rodgers. He also mentioned that if Rodgers wasn't on the un-droppable list he probably would have dropped him. I don't think this man has played in many fantasy leagues.

no because of this.. he thinks he's getting fair value. If people in the league have problems with it then he needs to say why HE submitted the trade. I dont think you can veto if he feels he's getting value.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=522450
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby jay0582 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:26 pm

1. your veto vote requirement is way too high.... there just arent enough people in most leagues that get on during the week and know what is going on. For a 12 man league your veto vote should be 5, and for 10 man 4.

2. I am going to take the oppo course of what some other people are here. I dont think trades should get vetoed often. Only trades that appear to be cheating/dumping and trades that are extremely lopsided beyond belief. This is one of those ones lopsided beyond belief. Over the course of the year aaron rodgers will blow away flacco, and the fact that the rodgers guy is trading him right before they play probably the worst defense in the NFL is highly suspect. This trade is bogus and should be vetoed for the integrity of the league.
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby patsavestheday » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Still torn over this one.

The reason we have the vote veto at 7 is we have had issue with people voting just because they hate the trade, rather than if its fair or not. Maybe it is too high, but I can't change that now.

I want to do nothing and let it go, I'm just worried about people getting really pissed off later when this guy moves Rodgers or Brady for some stud RB. You think I should contact the Flacco owner and ask him to throw in one more player just to even it out somewhat?
Last edited by patsavestheday on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patsavestheday
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kman711 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 pm

If i was commish I would veto that in a heartbeat. Rodgers is the no 1 qb off the board, sure he is having a tough 1st 3 weeks, but against tough D's. If that trade went through in my league, i would raise hell. There is no way I let that one go through. Thats a mid tier qb for a top tier 1. Veto

help with mine?

thanks

viewtopic.php?t=522511
kman711
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kman711 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:35 pm

If you feel like you want to let it go, yes, contact the rodgers owner. This trade is like Ray Rice, if he started off a little slow for a stevan ridley. It just is way too insane, at least have a wr2-3 or rb2-3 thrown in the mix.
kman711
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bballneverstops » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:06 am

See in this situation I think you should have only 6 people need to veto the trade. You take the two people out who are in the trade and the other 10 decide. If the majoirty (6) veto the trade than it should not go through. I am a little surprised and think that there is something fishy. I would like to see the both their teams to see if the guy with Flacco has a much better team in which getting Rodgers would put him in a nice position to make the playoffs and perhaps even win the league. It would also be nice to know what round Rodgers was taken in and what round Flacco was in. I think that if I were the commish I would veto this trade and hear what everyone says. If people dont care you can easily switch the players on the team through commish powers and it would be like the trade went through. Veto the trade and get feedback. If people dont care just switch their line-ups and move Flacco and Rodgers.
QB: RGIII
RB: Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson
WR: Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace
TE: Martellus Bennett
W/R: DeMarco Murry
Bench: Bernard Pierce, Isaac Redman, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Giovani Bernard, Greg Jennings, Antonio Brown
Def: Patriots
K: Greg Zurline
Bballneverstops
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Psychobroker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:17 am

Vetoing trades is lame unless there's collusion - this is far from it. Each guy thinks they are getting a fair deal (risk vs reward). Let them deal whatever the hell they want. What is this, the Soviet Union?
2013 12-team H2H .5 PPR league; 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K:

QB: RGIII, Schaub
RB: A. Peterson, D. Williams, D. Wilson, J. Bell
WR: J. Jones, H. Nicks, C. Shorts, M. Williams
TE: J. Graham, M. Bennett
DST: Broncos
K: Bailey
Psychobroker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Lucky7 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:56 am

This is non veto able. Flacco has been playing well.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner