Flacco for Rodgers: SHOULD I VETO? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Flacco for Rodgers: SHOULD I VETO? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Flacco for Rodgers: SHOULD I VETO? WHIR!

Postby Bucky » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Since it seems no collusion is taking place, I would not disallow the trade as commish. I, however, would vote to veto because of lopsidedness.
Bucky
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Bucky wrote:Since it seems no collusion is taking place, I would not disallow the trade as commish. I, however, would vote to veto because of lopsidedness.

The first part of this post is right. The last part? Nope.
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Johnny Blood » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:51 pm

This isn't anywhere near something you would even think about vetoing.

jay0582 wrote:This is one of those ones lopsided beyond belief. Over the course of the year aaron rodgers will blow away flacco, and the fact that the rodgers guy is trading him right before they play probably the worst defense in the NFL is highly suspect. This trade is bogus and should be vetoed for the integrity of the league.
That is your *opinion*. The whole point of this game is that our opinions differ.

I'm a lifelong Packers fan and it's absolutely possible that Flacco outscores Rodgers. Not that my opinion matters, since I'm not the one making the trade.

kman711 wrote:If i was commish I would veto that in a heartbeat. Rodgers is the no 1 qb off the board, sure he is having a tough 1st 3 weeks, but against tough D's. If that trade went through in my league, i would raise hell. There is no way I let that one go through. Thats a mid tier qb for a top tier 1. Veto

Your league gives points for starting the no 1 qb off the board? Mine doesn't.

I hope you guys pay the league dues for *all* the teams you try to control with your Nostradamus-like powers.
Johnny Blood
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jay0582 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Ill give you 10 to 1 odds on a bet that rodgers outscores flacco this year, with the stipulation that the qbs must each play atleast 14 games this year. There is no way flacco comes anywhere near Rodgers.
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Lots of FAIl in this thread.

It's not the commissioner's job, or anyone else in the league, to "protect" a grown man who unfortunately rode the short bus to the trade negotiations.

A trade should only get vetoed if collusion is suspected. Period. No veto unless it's a blatant attempt to defraud/cheat the league. Last place owner wants to trade Arian Foster and Calvin Johnson to first place owner for a kicker and a defense? Blatant cheating and veto. Anything short of that, you let the trade go through. It's not your place to "protect the integrity of the league."
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Johnny Blood » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:48 pm

jay0582 wrote:Ill give you 10 to 1 odds on a bet that rodgers outscores flacco this year, with the stipulation that the qbs must each play atleast 14 games this year. There is no way flacco comes anywhere near Rodgers.

I have an even better way to put money on it!

Before the NFL season starts, let's recruit a bunch of people and have them pay money into a pot. Then let each person control one team worth of NFL players. They can draft and trade whomever they like, just like a real NFL GM. Whoever wins the league gets the money.

We can call it "fantasy football".
Johnny Blood
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Johnny Blood wrote:
jay0582 wrote:Ill give you 10 to 1 odds on a bet that rodgers outscores flacco this year, with the stipulation that the qbs must each play atleast 14 games this year. There is no way flacco comes anywhere near Rodgers.

I have an even better way to put money on it!

Before the NFL season starts, let's recruit a bunch of people and have them pay money into a pot. Then let each person control one team worth of NFL players. They can draft and trade whomever they like, just like a real NFL GM. Whoever wins the league gets the money.

We can call it "fantasy football".

;-D great post
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby bounce » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:03 pm

If we're so concerned about everything being fair - have one guy draft all the teams at the beginning of the year. Then he can fairly assign the players to the teams, making sure there is seemingly total parity across the board. That person can also be in charge of all add/drops, making sure all is fair. And trades, as well.

Otherwise, let people manage their own teams and do what they want to do as long as it's not cheating the league. I, personally, wouldn't trade Flacco for Rodgers, but some people let emotion rule. That's what's fun about FF. Using one person's known love of a team against him in trades. Attacking when they get desperate, and going for broke when you're desperate.

If the NFL is going to let teams overpay REAL players by $50M without jumping in, or making asinine draft-day trades or picks without intervening, why do people feel the need to in fantasy?
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FirstCoast » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm not a fan of commissioners having vetoing power. If anything it should be a vote amongst the owners. At any rate, a trade would have to be completely awful to even consider a veto. This does not qualify, don't veto.
2012 FF League Champion
2012 FF League Scoring Title
2012, 2013 March Madness Champions
FirstCoast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 54)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner