Bench Doug Martin for Lloyd?? PPR whir. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Bench Doug Martin for Lloyd?? PPR whir.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bench Doug Martin for Lloyd?? PPR whir.

Postby rclement3915 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Ok so I'm off to one of those, scored the 2nd most points but still lose weeks.

Starting: PPR
Qb-Brady
RB-AP
RB-Martin
WR-Welker
WR-D.Thomas
WR-Austin
TE-Bennett
D/ST-Arizona vs Mia ( or ravens vs CLE?)

Martin hasn't been setting the world on fire. Redskins have given up yards on the ground to Richardson/SJax and so on in previous weeks. But not sure I can trust Martin.

My options are: start Andre brown (Bradshaw could be back) or Alfred Morris over Martin.
Start Brandon Lloyd over Martin against a buffalo team that the pats should be able to throw on.

Or I can just, keep Martin the lineup.

Also, should I start the hot cardinals d/st vs Miami or go with the ravens vs Cleveland?

Whir. Leave links
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bench Doug Martin for Lloyd?? PPR whir.

Postby Dr. Mundo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:38 am

I think it is a little early for you to decide. I like brown a lot and i think he will play more of the game than bradshaw. Otherwise, I like lloyd over martin. I dont like any1 from TB. Either way I think more information about bradshaw will be released and make your decision easier.

In terms of your defense, you have 2 winners there. I think I like baltimore a schmidge more.
Dr. Mundo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 6)

Postby gsnts725 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:52 am

^first off to Dr. Mundo: do you play League of Legends? I had to ask

But onto the post I wouldnt start Morris over Martin because the Bucs run D is pretty decent. I could see you starting Andre Brown over Martin because even though Bradshaw may be back they may try to ease him back and I think Coughlin will get him touches no matter what. Your best option may be to start Lloyd over Martin because even the Jets' offense threw on them effectively (I'm a Jets fan), so why can't the Pats do the same? Good luck.
gsnts725
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 24)

Postby cloudwasher » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:27 am

I'd go with Lloyd here, he should score atleast as many points as Martin with an upside for more. The TB offense is horrible, and while Martin is the best of those 3 RB choices, I'd go with Lloyd over him

As for the defense, I'd go with the Ravens D against the Rookie QB in primetime.
cloudwasher
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Footballfev » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:39 am

For me this is between deciding between Welker or Lloyd. Starting two receivers from one team is just weird. I would trade one of those guys if I were you. I've never seen that done before. I'm leaning towards benching Welker and playing Lloyd/Martin. They will look deep to Lloyd this week and try to find ways to get him in the endzone. Martin will get carries and is a consisten producer. Give it some time, Freeman is getting better. For defense go with cardinals. They shutdown Eagles last week and now playing rookie qb without Bush.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=522538
12 Team 1.0 PPR (2-2)
QB: Newton, Wilson
RB: CJ2K, T. Richardson, D. Brown, M. Bush
WR: J. Jones, Lloyd, Blackmon, Hartline
TE: Finley
D: 49ers
Footballfev
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench