Trade Question, Commish Needs Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Question, Commish Needs Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Question, Commish Needs Help

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:40 am

Here's the deal. Standard scoring league. No PPR. No keepers.

Here's Team One:
Ponder, Christian MIN QB
Stafford, Matthew DET QB
Benson, Cedric GBP RB
Brown, Andre NYG RB
Jones Drew, Maurice JAX RB
Morris, Alfred WAS RB
Avery, Donnie IND WR
Brown, Vincent SDC WR
Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR
Young, Titus DET WR
Graham, Jimmy NOS TE
Pitta, Dennis BAL TE
Graham, Shayne HOU PK
Jets, New York NYJ Def

Team Two:
Cassel, Matt KCC QB
Griffin III, Robert WAS QB
Bell, Kahlil CHI RB
Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RB
Jackson, Fred BUF RB
Johnson, Chris TEN RB
Starks, James GBP RB
Bryant, Dez DAL WR
Green, A.J. CIN WR
Marshall, Brandon CHI WR
Welker, Wes NEP WR
Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE
Bironas, Rob TEN PK
Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Team one is offering Andre Brown and Titus Young for Team Two's Chris Johnson and Wes Welker

My first reaction is no. We have a rule that any trade must benefit both teams and I just don't see how this trade benefits Team Two. IMO, team two gets a RB who had one good game and will likely have a diminished role when Bradshaw comes back. While I think CJK and Welker have been underperforming, I don't see how gaining Brown and Titus Young will in any way improve Team Two's roster. Your thoughts?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Question, Commish Needs Help

Postby Bballneverstops » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:30 am

If it were Morris and Young I might even say it is okay but Brown is a little too low for me. Yes he had a great week but he will be splitting carries. Also Welker looks like he has slowly been getting more of a role in the offense. The trade is a little outlandish and being a commmish I would probably veto this trade. As I always tell people by being the commish if people do not have a problem with it after you can always just move the players to their new respective teams and the deal will be done in seconds.

Help back
viewtopic.php?t=522477
QB: RGIII
RB: Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson
WR: Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace
TE: Martellus Bennett
W/R: DeMarco Murry
Bench: Bernard Pierce, Isaac Redman, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Giovani Bernard, Greg Jennings, Antonio Brown
Def: Patriots
K: Greg Zurline
Bballneverstops
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:12 am

Anyone else have an opinion on this? And thanks, Bball, because that's where I am leaning also.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm bumping this back up. I need more than one opinion please. :-)
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby ffstosh » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm

I think this is close. I'm not in love with the move, but can see the logic. Seems team one is trying to take advantage of the slow start for Welker and Johnson. I kind of like it though, because of the risk reward end.
ffstosh
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby machine3 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 pm

No way should this trade be vetoed. As commissioner, your job is not to rate trades...it's to make sure there is no collusion (unless the trade is very lopsided). There is a very real chance that Team 2 ends up getting the better deal.
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:11 pm

machine3 wrote:No way should this trade be vetoed. As commissioner, your job is not to rate trades...it's to make sure there is no collusion (unless the trade is very lopsided). There is a very real chance that Team 2 ends up getting the better deal.

Actually, the job of the commissioner is to keep checks on if trades are unbalanced. Sure, team 2 could end up getting the better end of the deal but how can one judge that? I have no crystal ball. Where things stand right now, the trade is unfair. Welker is one of the best wide receivers in football. Titus Young has done nothing this year aside from catching a fluke Hail Mary TD pass. Aside from the Hail Mary, Young has 54 yards receiving on the year. As for CJ2K...at least he's a starter. Brown had one good game and now he's losing his gig back to the now healthy Bradshaw. I have to base my decision on what's fair right now. Right now, that trade is unbalanced.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby machine3 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
machine3 wrote:No way should this trade be vetoed. As commissioner, your job is not to rate trades...it's to make sure there is no collusion (unless the trade is very lopsided). There is a very real chance that Team 2 ends up getting the better deal.

Actually, the job of the commissioner is to keep checks on if trades are unbalanced. Sure, team 2 could end up getting the better end of the deal but how can one judge that? I have no crystal ball. Where things stand right now, the trade is unfair. Welker is one of the best wide receivers in football. Titus Young has done nothing this year aside from catching a fluke Hail Mary TD pass. Aside from the Hail Mary, Young has 54 yards receiving on the year. As for CJ2K...at least he's a starter. Brown had one good game and now he's losing his gig back to the now healthy Bradshaw. I have to base my decision on what's fair right now. Right now, that trade is unbalanced.

You just contradicted yourself.
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:38 pm

machine3 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

You just contradicted yourself.

Eh, not really.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby ZiggyZiggington » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Granted this is obviously an attempt at trade rape (can I say rape on here?), it depends on who the player is behind team two. If team one is trying to take advantage of a situation where team two's owner wouldn't know much better, then maybe you should step in to keep order within the league, but if team two's owner legitimately things Johnson and Welker's times are done and wants to take a flier on Brown, who still has plenty of upside and could be considered a flex in some leagues, why not let him?
CJ2K imo isnt worth a start until he shows he has turned things around, and Welker isn't until Bellicheck either trades him or decides to include him. As for Young, with Megatron on the field and Young probably in a bit of a sophmore slump, Titus looks like he wont even realize his WR3-esque stats that he had last season, but he did catch 6 of 7 last game, even without the hailmary thats somewhat promising.
ZiggyZiggington
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions