pick up Fred Jackson and drop Chris johnson?? help please. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

pick up Fred Jackson and drop Chris johnson?? help please.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby rmarenco » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 am

I need help with this decision. I'm in a 8 team PPR league that has 2 starting RBs and 2bench RBs. I have AP, T. Richardson, R. Bush and Chris Johnson. I've been starting Johnson the last 3 weeks and been getting burned by him. Fred Jackson is on the wire and I'm thinking of dropping Johnson for him. Thoughts?? Any help is greatly appreciated.
rmarenco Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: pick up Fred Jackson and drop Chris johnson?? help pleas

Postby Bballneverstops » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:27 am

Assuming Johnson was a high draft pick and is playing awful. I think you may be able to trade him low and still get a quility WR. I would like to know your team to see if there is anyone else who would be a better option to drop. I just could not see myself dropping Christ Johnson for anything. I would need to get something back for him rather than a waiver wire pickup (Even though Fred Jackson is nice yet injury prone).

Help back
viewtopic.php?t=522477
QB: RGIII
RB: Alfred Morris, Trent Richardson
WR: Andre Johnson, Mike Wallace
TE: Martellus Bennett
W/R: DeMarco Murry
Bench: Bernard Pierce, Isaac Redman, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Giovani Bernard, Greg Jennings, Antonio Brown
Def: Patriots
K: Greg Zurline
Bballneverstops
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby rmarenco » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:03 am

He was my #1 pick but looking at his numbers since last year, it doesn't look like he's going to snap out of it. In our league we're only allowed to carry 4 RBs that's why I can't trade for a WR or claim one off waivers. We're allowed to carry 4 WRs, 4RBs, 2 QBs, 2TE and one kicker. The other owners don't want anything to do with CJ. I do own Fred Jackson in other leagues and know how productive he can be. Hurt and all I think he can help me more so than CJ.
rmarenco Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Psychobroker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:49 am

With AP, Bush and Richardson, you can afford to sit on CJ to see if he snaps out... FJax is likely to become the change of pace back (Spiller looks to miss only 1 week), and is still 30 and injury prone. At least CJ is going to get all/most of the carries, and he dd have a couple good games late last season. I'd hold out if I were you.

Heck, Bush & Rich are both better starts than FJax from here on out, but CJ COULD wake up and end up your #1. FJax just doesn't have that opportunity with a healthy Spiller.
2013 12-team H2H .5 PPR league; 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K:

QB: RGIII, Schaub
RB: A. Peterson, D. Williams, D. Wilson, J. Bell
WR: J. Jones, H. Nicks, C. Shorts, M. Williams
TE: J. Graham, M. Bennett
DST: Broncos
K: Bailey
Psychobroker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Cuffs » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:55 am

Psychobroker wrote:With AP, Bush and Richardson, you can afford to sit on CJ to see if he snaps out... FJax is likely to become the change of pace back (Spiller looks to miss only 1 week), and is still 30 and injury prone. At least CJ is going to get all/most of the carries, and he dd have a couple good games late last season. I'd hold out if I were you.

Heck, Bush & Rich are both better starts than FJax from here on out, but CJ COULD wake up and end up your #1. FJax just doesn't have that opportunity with a healthy Spiller.

Agree with this. CJ's problem seems to be apathy and effort, not talent. That's pretty much the bad news and the good news. With how Spiller has played with Jackson out, it seems like it would take a longer term Spiller injury for you to even think about playing Jackson over your other RBs.

Sure, CJ might continue to suck all year, but in the final 9 games of last season, he had 3 games where he was over 150 yards from scrimmage, and 3 more where he was around 109-110 yards from scrimmage. That's still not the consistency you drafted him for in the 1st round this year, but that's not the kind of potential you drop for a guy who is at best in a timeshare with one of the most dynamic backs to start this season who is currently no.1 overall in fantasy scoring for RBs (Spiller).
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby rmarenco » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I needed to hear a different perspective. It totally makes sense. I'm keeping him on the bench till he gets going. Again thanks for the input. Totally made me re-evaluate my stance.
rmarenco Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby rmarenco » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I needed to hear a different perspective. It totally makes sense. I'm keeping him on the bench till he gets going. Again thanks for the input. Totally made me re-evaluate my stance.
rmarenco Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Psychobroker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Good luck! ;-D
2013 12-team H2H .5 PPR league; 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DST, 1 K:

QB: RGIII, Schaub
RB: A. Peterson, D. Williams, D. Wilson, J. Bell
WR: J. Jones, H. Nicks, C. Shorts, M. Williams
TE: J. Graham, M. Bennett