Get Megatron despite the MADDEN CURSE...Nicks and Richardson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Get Megatron despite the MADDEN CURSE...Nicks and Richardson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Get Megatron despite the MADDEN CURSE...Nicks and Richardson

Postby lazytitan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:55 am

12 Man league, No PPR

My Team:
QB: Drew Brees
WR: Andre Johnson, A.J. Green
RB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ray Rice
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Flex:Michael Turner

Bench:
Mikel LeShoure
Kenny Britt
Alex Smith
Titus Young
Jacob Tamme

Andrea Johnson and BGE for Trent Richardson and Hakeem Nicks.

or

Andrea Johnson and BGE for Megatron

So I know its stupid but I really fear the Madden Curse and its why I stayed away from him in draft and got AJ Green. I know its dumb and crazy thing is I am Atheist yet I let this curse get to me. Anyways Megatron really improves my WR group and my RB are still strong with this trade I think. The other trade really only helps me out with my week 8 bye week since i have 5 players on my team with a bye week in week 8 two of them being Johnson and BGE.

Thoughts..
lazytitan
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Get Megatron despite the MADDEN CURSE...Nicks and Richar

Postby lazytitan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:00 am

WHIR...anyone?
lazytitan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KeithJ » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 am

The Andrea Johnson and BGE for Megatron looks tempting but I think you're over estimating the strength of your RBs outside of Rice. If you get rid of BGE you'll be left with Rice, "one-yard" Turner, and LeShoure. Yes, LeShoure had a good game but that's just it, one game against a very weak Tennessee run defense. He may very well still end up being a bust (especially being on a pass first team).

The Andrea Johnson and BGE for Trent Richardson and Hakeem Nicks is probably a better deal for you but with Cleveland being so pathetically bad and Nicks' injury concerns, I don't think I'd make that trade either.
KeithJ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Postby lazytitan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:14 pm

KeithJ wrote:The Andrea Johnson and BGE for Megatron looks tempting but I think you're over estimating the strength of your RBs outside of Rice. If you get rid of BGE you'll be left with Rice, "one-yard" Turner, and LeShoure. Yes, LeShoure had a good game but that's just it, one game against a very weak Tennessee run defense. He may very well still end up being a bust (especially being on a pass first team).

The Andrea Johnson and BGE for Trent Richardson and Hakeem Nicks is probably a better deal for you but with Cleveland being so pathetically bad and Nicks' injury concerns, I don't think I'd make that trade either.

I see, I guess I only thought my RB where strong because almost everyone in the leauge with exception of 2 ppl are crying for better RBs.

But yes the reason I wasnt high on Nicks/Richardson trade is while I am upgrading my RB I am trading one injury prone guy for another. I like Johnson more then Nicks but i dont like the idea of trading injury prone for injury prone.

The guy that has Megatron has no RB except Murry. His second RB is Hillis and I think he was banking on Jamal getting hurt or not producing but now with Charles tearing apart Saints he is in panic mode and trading for another RB and is giving up Megatron to do it. If i Pass on it one the other teams will grab him I am sure. But if me getting Megatron hurts me then I wont do it.
lazytitan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions