Help! Cutler and Mathews Value/Trade Questions!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help! Cutler and Mathews Value/Trade Questions!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help! Cutler and Mathews Value/Trade Questions!!

Postby Bosko Schwartz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 am

Hello All,

Brand spankin' new to the forum, so hopefully this goes well. Full roster below ...

I'm in a PPR FAAB league that starts 2 QBs and unfortunately my 3 QBs are Romo, Cutler, and Flacco. The commish tweaked (i.e. totally messed up) the scoring system so it highly favors QBs and there are a ton of random weird bonus points. Cutler's first game was awesome and I felt like a smoove playa' at that point, as I won the game and scored by far the most points in the league. But since then, Cutler has been stinking up the joint, and I have lost my last 2 games, so I'm at 1 - 2 and not liking Cutler nor his Dallas matchup coming up. I have been trying to trade Cutler for several QBs (mainly RG3 or Eli), packaging him with various combinations of Danny Amendola, Stevan Ridley, Antonio Gates, even Doug Martin, and all offers have been shut down with no counter offers. I would be OK with grabbing Andrew Luck on the waiver wire if it came to that, but I'd like to get SOME value from Cutler rather than just dropping him. Should I stick with Cutler and hope for the best? Should I continue trying to trade, or just cut my losses and move on? Should I offer up something better than what I attempted before (full roster below)?

Q #2: Someone crazily dropped Ryan Mathews to waivers to pick up ... I'm not kidding you ... Pierre Thomas. Not sure what he was smoking, but my question is, out of a budget of $200, how much should I bid on Mathews? I really want to nab him, but don't want to spend all of my cash doing it, so I don't know what the lowest bid would be that would give me the best chance to pick him up. Many were saying Mathews would be a top 5 RB, so I can't imagine someone just dropping him to waivers for Pierre Thomas. I keep going back to check to make sure that's the right Ryan Mathews ...

Thanks in advance! ROSTER:

QB - Tony Romo
QB - Joe Flacco
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Doug Martin
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandon Marshall
TE - Antonio Gates
FLEX - Stevan Ridley
D/ST - Seahawks
K - Justin Tucker

B - Jay Cutler
B - Ben Tate
B - Antonio Brown
B - Danny Amendola
B - Brent Celek
B - Cardinals
Bosko Schwartz
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help! Cutler and Mathews Value/Trade Questions!!

Postby Bosko Schwartz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:48 pm

My bid for Mathews (along with a couple others, in blue below) went through, so my roster improved, but I still want to upgrade Cutler, and maybe even Romo, somehow without just dropping them. I'd be willing to move any of my QBs (even 2-for-1 for a top-tier QB like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, RGIII, Eli, etc.). No one is biting on trades, but I suspect it's not necessarily because the trade offers aren't good, but because I'm not playing with people who are very active about making roster moves. I say that because the trades are usually not declined, just ignored. Ideas on best approach?

QB - Tony Romo
QB - Joe Flacco
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Ryan Mathews
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandon Marshall
TE - Antonio Gates
FLEX - Doug Martin
D/ST - Seahawks
K - Justin Tucker

B - Jay Cutler
B - Stevan Ridley