Week 4 - QB - Newton or Fitzpatrick? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 4 - QB - Newton or Fitzpatrick? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 4 - QB - Newton or Fitzpatrick? WHIR

Postby jmmy3 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:33 pm

I've got Cam Newton going against Atlanta which seems like a tough QB matchup right now, and then Ryan Fitzpatrick going against New England. Yahoo's projections list Cam with +2 points over Fitzpatrick, but the Patriots tend to give up alot of passing yards on a regular basis. Which do you think is the right move for Week 4?
jmmy3
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 4 - QB - Newton or Fitzpatrick?

Postby duffoholic » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Fitz seems like a really risky play this week since they might be relying on Choice in the backfield letting the D focus on stopping the pass. Also, Newton can expect to be playing from behind in this game as Atlanta is redhot right now so that should mean decent yardage. Add to that the potential for goal line touches and I think you have to start Newton.
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Re: Week 4 - QB - Newton or Fitzpatrick? WHIR

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Can't bench Newton yet unless you have another elite option. Fitz isn't elite, stick with Cam. Even in a bad game he can give good fantasy production if he finds the endzone running.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=522644
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jmog » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Newton and not even close. I know he hasn't lit it up like last year but FItz would have to have an ungodly matchup to make this happen.

help with mine

viewtopic.php?t=522655
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Postby Rdlz82 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm in the same boat as you bud.

I'll tell you this...two of Cam's worst QB ratings last year came against Atlanta (including his worst performance for the year at 44.6).

Now with Fitz, last year, in both of his appearances vs NE he put up 300+ yds. He was picked 6 times, threw 4 TD's, and sacked twice between those two games.

If you based it upon those trends, I'd say both of them are probably projecting somewhere in the 'teens. The thing about Cam is, because of all his running (and the potential for running TD's), even on his worst days he usually stacks up fantasy points for you despite the sacks and INT's. Fitzy on the other hand, when he does good, he churns big returns. But when he has a bad day, he really has a bad day and fantasy owners feel it too.

Also, I read somewhere that this year NE's Def is currently ranked 21st in giving up points to fantasy QB's. Also, Fitz is currently ranked 5th with total fantasy points. Another factor, eluding to what duffoholic said above, if Fred Jackson doesn't return this week, I stay away.

With all that said, I still think I'm edging Cam over Fitz.
Rdlz82
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Who to Start/Bench