Pick 2, Murray/BGE/Doug Martin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Pick 2, Murray/BGE/Doug Martin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 2, Murray/BGE/Doug Martin?

Postby nobodeuno » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 am

Having trouble...gut says go with the matchup which leads me to BGE/Martin but Murray is hard to bench as he's been pretty consistent even though he's not blowing up. Any thoughts?

My Team
Aaron Rodgers
Jordy Nelson
Dwayne Bowe
Andrew Hawkins
Doug Martin
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Jimmy Graham
DeMarco Murray
Randy Moss
Shonn Greene
DeAngelo Williams
Christian Ponder
Jacoby Jones
Justin Tucker
Baltimore
nobodeuno
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 2, Murray/BGE/Doug Martin?

Postby thekid » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am

I like Martin and Murray
thekid
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nobodeuno » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:35 am

The only thing is BGE is running against a Jac def that is giving up 3rd most points to RB's...Of course they did face Foster/Tate & Peterson in their first two games...
nobodeuno
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby steeldeeznutz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:22 am

Id go bje/ toss up between Murray and Martin. Both have tough matchups. The skins seem like a cake D because they give up so many points, but they are only allowing an average of 75 yards per game to RBs. Gut says go with Martin though. I'm trying to decide btw Martin and Williams (v. Miami and wells is out), any thoughts? Good luck.
steeldeeznutz
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby nobodeuno » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:12 am

Thanks...gut says don't sit Murray but he's hard to start against the bears but then again they really haven't been tested against a good running back.

I am thinking you should go with Martin, there is a chance that Williams goes off but given the lack of history and his so so performance last week I'd go with the more reliable Martin...however that is just based on stats, I haven't seen Williams run recently so if you feel he is running good then its fair to go with him especially given they are likely to get ahead quickly and run the ball a lot...
nobodeuno
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby TexasMade8810 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:30 am

I would go Martin no question and IMO the other one is a toss up. I'd personally lean towards BGE for two reasons. One, he has the better matchup. Two, I'm a cowboys fan and with Jason Garrett as our play caller it seems like we never truly commit to the run (which is beyond stupid but that's another story). At least you know that if the Bengals get into the redzone, or get up early in the 2nd half they will commit to feeding the Law Firm the ball.
TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench