Postby prince_45243 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 am

1 per 10 yards, 6 per TD, -2 per turnover

Rank these options please
R. Mathews @KC
A. Morris (WAS) @ TB
K. Walter v. TEN
A. Hawkins @JAC
M. Bennett (NYG) @ PHI

Bennett is putting up a score and yards every week. Only Morris has performed better but Morris has a tougher matchup vs. TB. Walter's had one good week but faces an easy matchup and Hawkins has been better than either of my starters (Maclin and S. Smith) but mostly on very long TD routes that are chancy. And then...there' Ryan Mathews. He fumbled early and Norv is probably going to move his TD runs to an already well performing Jackie Battle.

Rank em and if possible, offer a rationale. WHIR always.
-d
-Prince_45243
prince_45243
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flex Help WHIR

Postby nightfox422 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:24 am

Mathews
Bennett
Morris
Hawkins
Walter
nightfox422
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby RedDevils36 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:35 am

R. Mathews @KC (4) Mathews has had time to work his way back now. He should be solid and I would count on 75-100 total yards and possibly a TD.
A. Morris (WAS) @ TB (3) Redskins should lead all the way here. Running will be key. Helu is gone. Morris should get lots of looks.
K. Walter v. TEN (5) Never really liked Walters and way too inconsistent. Doesn't get enough targets. The Texans RUN primarily. They should be up big most of the game and I anticipate Foster/Tate to get a huge workload.
A. Hawkins @JAC (2) Dalton will pass. Jax is weak against pass, especially long ball. Hawkins gets some looks here even with Green.
M. Bennett (NYG) @ PHI (1) Consistent so far. Manning relies on him in red zone. Banged up WR core.

Thanks for help with mine.
RedDevils36
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby dtownsound8 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 am

Mathews - he's the star in this group, gets a decent matchup, and is finally getting a full week of practice in before a game, i wasn't expecting much last week but he should be solid this week

Morris - tough matchup but will get plenty of looks

Bennett - Guy has been a beast so far and Manning throws to him in coverage, meaning he trusts him. I don't expect this will change anytime soon

Hawkins - he's not getting many looks but he's putting points on the board. he has some rediculous burst and can make defenders miss. He's always one reception away from a TD

Walter - He's a good play when you know a DEF has a shutdown corner. Tennessee isn't going to be able effectively cover Andre Johnson. Not to mention Arian Foster should run all over them. I don't think Schaub is going to be airing the ball out much and when he does, I suspect it'll be to Johnson and Daniels.
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby saemick » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:20 pm

dtownsound8 wrote:Mathews - he's the star in this group, gets a decent matchup, and is finally getting a full week of practice in before a game, i wasn't expecting much last week but he should be solid this week

Morris - tough matchup but will get plenty of looks

Bennett - Guy has been a beast so far and Manning throws to him in coverage, meaning he trusts him. I don't expect this will change anytime soon

Hawkins - he's not getting many looks but he's putting points on the board. he has some rediculous burst and can make defenders miss. He's always one reception away from a TD

Walter - He's a good play when you know a DEF has a shutdown corner. Tennessee isn't going to be able effectively cover Andre Johnson. Not to mention Arian Foster should run all over them. I don't think Schaub is going to be airing the ball out much and when he does, I suspect it'll be to Johnson and Daniels.

this is exactly how I'd rank them as well. Matthews can perform like a RB2 this week IMO. and while Bennett has been great so far, I still have to go with a RB who's basically the sole back in the system over him.

thanks for the help with mine
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby RedDevils36 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 pm

I don't see Mathews as the sole back. Battle may still steal touches, especially on the goal line. The first 2-3 in my rankings are interchangeable as far as risk/reward, IMO. Mathews obviously stands the best chance to "go off."
RedDevils36
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Who to Start/Bench