Joe McKnight - cornerback??????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joe McKnight - cornerback???????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joe McKnight - cornerback???????

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:03 am

NY Jets RB Joe McKnight will play some cornerback to help fill the void left by Darrelle Revis' season-ending knee injury
McKnight played defensive back in high school before USC's Pete Carroll's made him a full-time running back.
By Manish Mehta / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 2:25 PM
Updated: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 12:11 AM

Three days after losing the best cornerback in the league, Rex Ryan made it clear that the Jets haven’t flat-lined just because Darrelle Revis suffered a season-ending knee injury in Sunday’s win against the Dolphins.

But Gang Green’s defense, constructed around Revis’ cover ability, will change.

Although Ryan didn’t reveal the specific alterations, this much is clear: Without Superman in the secondary, the Jets will take more gambles to create pressure on opposing quarterbacks.

“You want to keep people off balance,” Ryan said on Wednesday. “Sometimes you pressure when they think you’ll (drop players into coverage). Sometimes, you cover when they think you’re going to pressure . . . where you give simulated pressure. That’s what we always do. But that’s certainly a possibility that we could be more aggressive.”

Running back Joe McKnight’s conversion to cornerback is one of the new wrinkles, but Ryan and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine will also have to find a way to breathe life into a struggling run defense that ranks 29th (148.7 yards per game). The Jets, who are 21st in total defense, give up 4.6 yards per rush (27th).

“It makes you kind of angry a little bit,” linebacker David Harris said. “We know that we’re a better defense than that.”

con't...

more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1168754
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Joe McKnight - cornerback???????

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Where is the speachless icon?
Not sure which is more damning, that McKnight stinks so bad a RB they would switch him to CB, or the their backups are so bad they would do this? Do they not have any money to sign some cast off?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:20 pm

moochman wrote:Where is the speachless icon?
Not sure which is more damning, that McKnight stinks so bad a RB they would switch him to CB, or the their backups are so bad they would do this? Do they not have any money to sign some cast off?

I believe they are 6 million under the cap as of right now, but they are supposed to be over by 22 million next year so they might want it to carry over.

On McKnight playing CB, this isn't anything new. He played DB last year and at USC he was considered to be the best DB on the team as a WR.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:

I believe they are 6 million under the cap as of right now, but they are supposed to be over by 22 million next year so they might want it to carry over.

On McKnight playing CB, this isn't anything new. He played DB last year and at USC he was considered to be the best DB on the team as a WR.

Oh, so he's got some experience. Wonder if his RB days are over?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:57 am

moochman wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

Oh, so he's got some experience. Wonder if his RB days are over?

His RB days are cooked. The guy would have taken over if he worth anything special at RB but I have no hopes for him at this point. Goodluck at CB Joseph. ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Return to Football Talk