Giants Defense? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Giants Defense? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Giants Defense? WHIR

Postby Dr. Mundo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 am

I'd like to hear your opinions on this defense.

NYG vs Philly - Philly has been turning the ball over like a cook turns pancakes. They do have the ability to score big, but i think Vick will be pressured based on what happened in the last Giants game. Most defenses are gone besides the Giants. Notables leftovers are: Vikings vs Det, Broncos vs Oak, Packers vs NO, Cowboys vs Chi

Also for a different league, would you play the Ravens vs Browns or the Cardinals vs Mia?

Thanks WHIR
Dr. Mundo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Giants Defense? WHIR

Postby archie814 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 pm

First, your DEF options this week are pretty bad in general. Obviously, so of them will score decently, but none really stand out. The NYG DEF scares me a little because PHI can score (whether they've done a lot of it yet or not). Also, they were impressive last week against CAR, but in the first two weeks, 24 to DAL and 34 to TB, with little-to-no turnovers. I think they are more like weeks 1 and 2, than they are like week 3. For that reason, I'd play DAL this week. They are an underrated DEF and they seem to play lower scoring games in general than NYG. They have allowed the least amount of yards through the first 3 weeks, and the least amount of passing yards as well. Cutler is just as turnover prone as Vick...

The other league you a fine either way. Arizona has looked great on DEF and MIA is missing Bush, and that's why I'd play them. However, I expect the Ravens to do well also (coming from a Browns fan).

Good luck.

Here's mine: viewtopic.php?t=522880
archie814
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Giants Defense? WHIR

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:00 pm

I would slightly rank the NYG's D matchup ahead of the Cowboys' matchup. Both teams have QBs that are prone to a lot of mistakes, but Cutler's mistakes usually arent as castostrophic as Vick's. Giants should easily force 3 TOs that game and I dont see PHI putting up more than 20 pts or so.

In the other league, it all depends on Reggie Bush. With Reggie Bush, the Fins have a more complete ground game that can give the Cards fits. If he's hurt, limited, or whatever, I'd start the Cards D. If not, start the Ravens D.

Mine:
viewtopic.php?t=522818
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)

Return to Who to Start/Bench