Gates vs. Pitta (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Gates vs. Pitta (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gates vs. Pitta (WHIR)

Postby Delhomme17 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:45 am

I drafted Gates high and thus far have been incredibly disappointed with his production. Luckily, the rest of my team has done well enough to compensate. I picked up Pitta off waivers a couple weeks ago and am considering playing him tonight against the Browns and sitting Gates against the Chiefs on Sunday. I'm 50/50 right now--really not leaning one way or the other. League is 1 point per 10 receiving yards, 1ppr, and 6 points/TD. Also semi-worth noting is that I have Ray Rice. I'm not a "don't start too many guys from the same offense" guy, but I know some of ya'll are. So--what say you, Cafe?

Link me and I'd be glad to take a look at your questions.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 508)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gates vs. Pitta (WHIR)

Postby JeRmZ » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Man, 1/2 of me want to say Gates but I like Pitta to get some looks in this game tonight .... play it safe = Gates ... Risk/Reward = Pitta

I'd play Pitta

little help here
viewtopic.php?t=522663
JeRmZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Gates vs. Pitta (WHIR)

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 pm

5-53-1
2-53-1
4-16-1

^ That's what the Chiefs have allowed to TEs this year thus far.... TD TD TD. If Gates, the 2nd best receiver of that bunch (TGonz, Chandler, Graham) can't put up a big game or at least a small yardage TD against the Chiefs, then there might not even be a reason to roster him anymore. He could be primed for a huge game.

That said, Pitta's a very safe option in Balt's new no-huddle format. This is how I'd play it: If you look at the team you are playing, and think they are likely to beat you up, play Gates and his HR potential. If you are evenly matched or likely to beat up who you are playing, play the safe guy, Pitta.

Mine:
viewtopic.php?t=522818
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)

Return to Who to Start/Bench