Please help with starting RB'S. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Please help with starting RB'S.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please help with starting RB'S.

Postby txlindsey » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:13 pm

8-o
Our league changed a rule this year and awarded WR's 1 point per reception. This rule was meant to even out the RB and WR categories. Needless to say, we drafted really good WR's but are lacking at RB depth. We have Priest Holmes, Tiki Barber, TJ Duckett and Trung Canidate. The question is who would you start alongside Priest in week 1? Anybody know anything about Tiki's hammy? Although I think TJ is going to be playing more by week 4 can he steal time from Warrick in Green Bay? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
txlindsey

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:36 pm

I'd go with Tiki but wouldn't bet money on it. If his hammy is okay he's by far the best start, Duckett won't get too much time and even if he does he won't score a lot of fantasy points and chances of getting a TD aren't too good
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:37 pm

well thats not hard. go with the starter. tiki is atleast certain to get the ball more than any other back on his team. unless hes injured. i hadnt heard that.

even with that new rule rbs would still be important to draft. there are still less quality rbs than wrs. u didnt do badly with ur starters though. holmes (hopefully) will prove that last year wasnt a fluke, though he wont match last years stats either IMO. tiki is a solid runner with that new rule. (he catches alot of passes) u might have a problem with depth...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bzabodyn » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:14 pm

Just curious, but how do you have @ WR, and when did you get them?
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Interesting

Postby trentvaughn » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:24 am

That's an interesting concept, giving a point for receptions. I guess it evens out the positions, but there is so much more depth at WR that it makes the game COMPLETELY different.

You need RB depth. Barber is injury prone whether or not he's starting. Duckett and Candidate aren't going to do anything for you in the first few weeks.

Trenvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Can you make trades in your league?

Postby peacefrog4629 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:21 am

If you can, then try to make a trade with the team that has Faulk. If you can trade Candidate and one of your receivers to them to backup Faulk for a good solid starting back then you shouldn't lose much depth at receiver and will help your running back situation with a player that is ready now. Of'course if Faulk goes down you're sitting on a gold mine with Candidate, but how many games could you lose before that happens. If it ever happens.
peacefrog4629
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Football Talk