Rookie Fantasy Player: Week 4 Start or Sit Advice Needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Rookie Fantasy Player: Week 4 Start or Sit Advice Needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rookie Fantasy Player: Week 4 Start or Sit Advice Needed

Postby Toolbox88 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 pm

I'm in a Yahoo 12 man Non-PPR league with 6 points per TD. I am a rookie player that didn't get the best draft in the world and I have been flipping around players week to week to no avail. Still not sure if I really should have dropped the malignant tumor that is Chris Johnson, but it's too late for that now(probably). My 1-2 start is disappointing, so any and all advice on who to sit or start this week would be appreciated. If you need more info about the scoring settings, let me know. Thanks in advance!

Roster:

QB(1): Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton
WR(3): DeSean Jackson, Andrew Hawkins, Ramses Barden, Leonard Hankerson, Reggie Wayne(IND bye week)
RB(2): BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Jackie Battle, Daniel Thomas, Daryl Richardson
TE(1): Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Pettigrew
Flex(1)
K(1): Rob Brionas
DEF(1): Baltimore
Toolbox88 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rookie Fantasy Player: Week 4 Start or Sit Advice Needed

Postby rdj3385 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:01 am

QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Jackson, Hawkins, Hankerson
RB - Green-Ellis, Thomas (even if Reggie Bush plays I don't think you have much of a choice. maybe he hawks a TD somehow)
TE - Gronk (Duh!)
Flex - I don't think you have a choice but to go with Pettigrew

Tough rap for a rookie. Slim pickings on your roster. I would definitely keep a close eye on the waiver wire and try and catch lightning in a bottle.If you can get Chris Johnson back, you should surely do that as he has a much bigger upside than anyone on your bench currently. Best of luck, my friend. I don't think you stand much of a chance this year, but learn as much as you can and keep your nose to the grindstone. You've found the cafe here so you are well on your way to picking this game up.
rdj3385
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Toolbox88 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:32 pm

rdj3385 wrote:QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Jackson, Hawkins, Hankerson
RB - Green-Ellis, Thomas (even if Reggie Bush plays I don't think you have much of a choice. maybe he hawks a TD somehow)
TE - Gronk (Duh!)
Flex - I don't think you have a choice but to go with Pettigrew

Tough rap for a rookie. Slim pickings on your roster. I would definitely keep a close eye on the waiver wire and try and catch lightning in a bottle.If you can get Chris Johnson back, you should surely do that as he has a much bigger upside than anyone on your bench currently. Best of luck, my friend. I don't think you stand much of a chance this year, but learn as much as you can and keep your nose to the grindstone. You've found the cafe here so you are well on your way to picking this game up.

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated. Live and learn I guess. Definitely down for learning as much as I can.
Toolbox88 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby ken12580 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Same lineup with the above poster except I would go Jackie Battle instead of Daniel Thomas. Matthews has the fumblitis, and Battle is a better bet to produce than Curtis Brinkley or Ronnie Brown. I see him as a TD vulture. Thomas has fumblitis himself, so I don't trust him even if Reggie Bush doesn't get the majority of touches.
ken12580
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Toolbox88 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:38 pm

ken12580 wrote:Same lineup with the above poster except I would go Jackie Battle instead of Daniel Thomas. Matthews has the fumblitis, and Battle is a better bet to produce than Curtis Brinkley or Ronnie Brown. I see him as a TD vulture. Thomas has fumblitis himself, so I don't trust him even if Reggie Bush doesn't get the majority of touches.

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, I didn't see your post until it was too late and ended up starting Thomas instead of Battle and it cost me the match up. Did not expect Battle to have such a good turn out with Matthews being back. And of course this is the week Chris Johnson decides to show up. Gonna try to get him back on waivers. Oh well, live and learn. I do really appreciate all the input I got. Really enjoying the community here. If I can ever help, definitely let me know.
Toolbox88 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby TheGinner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:33 am

Toolbox88 wrote:I'm in a Yahoo 12 man Non-PPR league with 6 points per TD. I am a rookie player that didn't get the best draft in the world and I have been flipping around players week to week to no avail. Still not sure if I really should have dropped the malignant tumor that is Chris Johnson, but it's too late for that now(probably). My 1-2 start is disappointing, so any and all advice on who to sit or start this week would be appreciated. If you need more info about the scoring settings, let me know. Thanks in advance!

Roster:

WR(3): DeSean Jackson, Andrew Hawkins, Ramses Barden, Leonard Hankerson, Reggie Wayne(IND bye week)
Flex(1)

Wait, you flat out dropped CJ? Did you ask the forum about that advice? Ya live and ya learn....but i cant see anyone supporting that move.
TheGinner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Toolbox88 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 pm

TheGinner wrote:
Toolbox88 wrote:I'm in a Yahoo 12 man Non-PPR league with 6 points per TD. I am a rookie player that didn't get the best draft in the world and I have been flipping around players week to week to no avail. Still not sure if I really should have dropped the malignant tumor that is Chris Johnson, but it's too late for that now(probably). My 1-2 start is disappointing, so any and all advice on who to sit or start this week would be appreciated. If you need more info about the scoring settings, let me know. Thanks in advance!

Roster:

Flex(1)

Wait, you flat out dropped CJ? Did you ask the forum about that advice? Ya live and ya learn....but i cant see anyone supporting that move.

I didn't know about the forum before I made that move, so I made a stupid mistake without getting any advice. Completely my bad and I am paying for it. Now I know.
Toolbox88 Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench