Turner/Lloyd for my Roddy/Fitzpatrick? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Turner/Lloyd for my Roddy/Fitzpatrick? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Turner/Lloyd for my Roddy/Fitzpatrick? WHIR!

Postby trumpettar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Was offered a trade, Michael Turner and Brandon Lloyd for my Roddy White and Fitzpatrick. Thinkin of pulling the trigger if just to get Turner until Mendenhall and FJax are healthy. No other QBs really in waivers to cover Romo's bye except for Ponder. Here's my current roster:

QB: Romo
WR: Roddy
WR: Vincent Jackson
RB: DMC
RB: Fred Jackson (hopefully)
TE: Tamme
W/R/T: Andre Brown

Bench: D Williams, Boldin, Fitzpatrick, Simpson, Mendenhall, Donald Brown

Please leave link and I'll help
trumpettar
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Turner/Lloyd for my Roddy/Fitzpatrick? WHIR!

Postby DirtDiver » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:42 pm

I wouldn't do this trade. Roddy is to much of a threat and Turner really has not showed me too much this year. I would not do this trade unless they offer you a QB/WR combo to help with the QB situation..

Help with mine please http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=523056
QB - RGIII
WR - R. Wayne, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, L. Moore
RB - M. Forte, Rashad Jennings, D. Murray, R. Mendenhall, J. Dwyer
TE - J. Witten, A. Gates
Flex - T. Richardson
K - R. Gould
DEF - Bears
DirtDiver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ilovedapats » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:36 am

See if he will take Vincent Jackson instead.
I would trade Roddy for Lloyd straight up possibly. The Patriots are very unhappy and last time
they were "unhappy" they decided to let brady go pour it on teams as they tried to score 50 a week
Lloyd is the perfect WR for Brady in that Brady loves a possession WR, but likes to take his shots
deep too. New Refs back... less downfield contact... Lloyd is one of the best Wrs in the league when
it comes to the deep ball and skills. Put Brady at QB for this guy and you may be looking at a Brady/Moss
mirror image... No joke. Granted Moss is one of the best all time... I am talking about a guy in Lloyd
that is crazy good and finally, maybe for the first time in his career he has a Great QB. Pats schedule is
very very easy as well. This guy wants to throw in Turner too???? He is nuts. You are getting two guys you
can start NOW and giving up a bench player and a great WR. Even once Jackson comes back you can play
the matchups between your 3 RBs. Turner will get his eventually and I think that ATL is keeping him fresh
for later in the season for once because they believe they will make a strong run for the playoffs and far into
the playoffs. Anyways... I would accept the deal in an instant if I were you. I believe Lloyd ends up with more
fantasy points than Roddy at the end of the year. Youre not downgrading at WR and also gaining a top 15-20
at worst RB.

please help with mine!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=523066
ilovedapats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby i_b_sparks » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:37 am

I'm not particularly crazy about giving up your backup QB and leaving you to take Ponder off Waivers (However, Minnesota does play Tennessee week 5 which is Dallas's bye. Not a bad matchup. Also has Jerome Simpson coming back which is another weapon in the arsenal). Turner is one of those love em or hate em RBs. He's solid and has a chance to give you more points on a weekly basis than Fitzpatrick will on your bench. I think the real steal is getting Lloyd for Roddy. Josh McDaniels looooves Brandon Lloyd and it looks like Brady does too judging from his targets. If he keeps catching the ball, Brady will keep throwing it to him. With Hernandez out and Welker struggling, I love Lloyd too. Roddy is awesome in his own right, I just prefer Lloyd.

If there were a way to just trade for Lloyd I'd do that. If that can't be done look at it as Roddy/Fitz/Donald Brown (drop) for Lloyd/Turner/Ponder. I think that's doable.
i_b_sparks
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Fartman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:59 am

I would'nt do the trade, looks like F.jackson is going to play this week, keep Roddy...

thanks for help with mine.
QB:Stafford, Big Ben
RB: AP,Run DMC,Felix Jones,Ben Tate,
WR: DeSean Jackson,Percy Harvin,Ocho,Burleson
TE: Kellen Winslow
K: Nick Folk
D: Cowboys
Fartman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Chibears » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:25 am

Don't know how savvy the other owner is. I'd see if the other owner would take Boildin after a huge night last night. Maybe offer up Fitz and Boldin for Lloyd and Turner. If not, then I dont think I'd do the trade. Love Lloyd but thinking Turner is done. Rodgers is being sprinkled in more and more. Good luck and thanks with mine! :)
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions