Trade ideas? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade ideas? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade ideas? WHIR

Postby dweenmachine » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:09 am

I'm in a 12-team league where the waiver wire/FA pool is very thin. Definitely no starting RB's out there.

I feel like I have a really deep and great roster, but could always try and trade for an upgrade. I'm looking for an upgrade at WR or possibly TE.

I have recently been fortunate enough to have the RB's that I stashed on my bench become starters, or close to it. Now I'm not sure what to do with them, if anything! I mean, maybe the best move to make is to not make a move at all...? Simply keeping them so no one else can get them could be the best thing to do...?

The guys in my league who have Kevin Smith and Beanie Wells as one of their starters are screwed, and the Michael Turner owner can't feel too good right now...

With that said, what do you think about me offering my Ryan Williams and Danny Amendola for his Demaryius Thomas? I should mention that this is the guy who owns Beanie Wells and now only has 2 starting RB's (Gore and Bradshaw) and a couple scrub non-starters on his bench. He also has Gronk and Owen Daniels for TE's, but I doubt that he'd be willing to part with Gronk.

Leave a link and I WHIR!!!! ;-D

Here's my team:

12-team, H2H, Keeper(3), PPR
QB MRyan
WR RWhite/BMarshall/TSmith
RB RMathews/DMurray
FLEX DAmendola
TE KRudolph
K JHanson
DEF Flavor of the week...

Bench
QB ADalton
WR GLittle
RB DBrown/JaRodgers/MLeshoure/RWilliams/RBush
TE FDavis
-Thanks to madaslives911 for the wicked awesome sig!
dweenmachine
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade ideas? WHIR

Postby popinjay » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:34 am

im a fan of the two for one trade when you are receiving the one better player so I would go ahead and offer the trade. Especially with your depth you are offering bench/fringe bench players for your team and something the other guy needs. if he accepts great, if not then oh well you have some depth in case of any injuries
popinjay
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sullymichaels » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 am

ditto on the 2 for 1 (being on the 1 side). I wouldn't take it if I were him. maybe & he could drop beanie...
offer it - the worst is he could say NO.

mine: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=523096
my team (we play Q, R, W, 3 flex, TE, K, Def - 5 bench slots)
Q: Eli & Cutler
W: Rdy White, A. Jeffrey, D. Bess, R. Meachum, J. Nelson,
R: I. Redman, M. Leshoure, B. Powell, C. Johnson (sux)
T: V Davis
K: Gould
D: NYG
sullymichaels
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby goose in my step » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 am

u def win the trade if u can acquire thomas. he might bite because he can lock up the hand cuff for the AZ backfield and quality running backs are thin. amendola is also a good wr3/flex play with big upside. i dont see why he doesnt accept
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby sm28185 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:12 pm

i almost feel like someone in that situation might accept williams for thomas in a 1 for 1 deal. that would let you keep some more depth at WR. if not, the 2 for 1 you proposed seems like a good deal.

help - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=523119&p=3472626#p3472626
sm28185
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Curtis Pride » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:15 pm

shark feeding off teams relying on injured players or those who have lost their jobs. I think it's a solid chance of getting accepted.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=523122
Curtis Pride
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dweenmachine » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:09 pm

sm28185 wrote:i almost feel like someone in that situation might accept williams for thomas in a 1 for 1 deal.

That would be wishful thinking!

Curtis Pride wrote:shark feeding off teams relying on injured players or those who have lost their jobs. I think it's a solid chance of getting accepted.

That's my idea here. Hopefully he'll bite!

The other team that I could possibly poach from has Rice and Bush as his starters this week, but he had JStew on the bench along with Kevin Smith, Shane Vereen and James Starks. :-o Yeah, he's probably feeling a little desperate right now!
He does have some quality WR's though... LFitz, SSmith, Austin, Nicks and Britt.
I was thinking of offering my MLeshoure and another one of my WR's (Amendola?) for his SSmith. Whatcha think?

This would be my second deal, if the first one I proposed to the other team doesn't go through.
-Thanks to madaslives911 for the wicked awesome sig!
dweenmachine
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sfninersfan1981 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:21 pm

dweenmachine wrote:
sm28185 wrote:i almost feel like someone in that situation might accept williams for thomas in a 1 for 1 deal.

That would be wishful thinking!

Curtis Pride wrote:shark feeding off teams relying on injured players or those who have lost their jobs. I think it's a solid chance of getting accepted.

That's my idea here. Hopefully he'll bite!

The other team that I could possibly poach from has Rice and Bush as his starters this week, but he had JStew on the bench along with Kevin Smith, Shane Vereen and James Starks. :-o Yeah, he's probably feeling a little desperate right now!
He does have some quality WR's though... LFitz, SSmith, Austin, Nicks and Britt.
I was thinking of offering my MLeshoure and another one of my WR's (Amendola?) for his SSmith. Whatcha think?

This would be my second deal, if the first one I proposed to the other team doesn't go through.

I would dangle Leshoure out there to the Kevin Smith owner and point out that Smith didn't even get secondary carries. I would test him with Leshoure for Austin or Smith straight up. I think I'd rather have Austin.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=523131
sfninersfan1981
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions