Who do I start link inside (Team1/2 this is my first year) < - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who do I start link inside (Team1/2 this is my first year) <

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who do I start link inside (Team1/2 this is my first year) <

Postby Harrison1087 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:02 pm

QB: Drew Brees
RB: Ray Rice - already played
RB: Michael Bush
WR: A.J. Green
WR: Percy Harvin
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
Flex: Darren Sproles
Defense: 49ers
Kicker: Sebastian Janikowski

Bench:
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Alfred Morris
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Torrey Smith - Sadely i sat him :(
TE: Antonio Gates
Defence: Texans

Who do I start?

Standard league, ESPN Fantasy.

DO I trust Greg Jennings?

Should I start Alfred Morris over Sproles?

Texas or 49ers Defense?

Should i drop Janikowski and pick up another kicker?

Pettigrew or Gates?

Should i sit Michael Bush i hear forte is coming back this week?
Harrison1087
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who do I start link inside (Team1/2 this is my first yea

Postby Harrison1087 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Bump for some love :(
Harrison1087
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby PointBlankTMV » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:53 pm

trust Jennings, absolutely start Morris over Sproles, start Houston D over San Fran because the Jets will play hard because they have something to prove, start Gates because Rivers needs redemption after last week's awful no-show and keep your kicker, no need to stress that situation.
PointBlankTMV
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby kamui8899 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:05 am

Starting alfred morris is an easy call, he has been very consitent last few weeks, even tho WASH picked up a new RB no evidence of change in timeshare at this point... Also Wash games are usually a shootout since thier Def is terrible so you know he will get plenty of carries... Call me a hater but I'm down on pettigrew, you'd have to take gates just based on history and the fact that pettigrew isn't exactly having a breakout season either... I know he had a lot of drops and they still throw to him but he hasn't shown really anything yet and gates should be over his rib injury by now... I would also take jennings over sporles as NO defense is worst in the league just about while GB has been looking solid, lynch only got 90 or so yards against htem last week but that is with 55% run plays by Seahawks... Sproles will likely be splitting carries and the NO line looks worse then seahawks AND the GB defense has been stepping up... nuff said.
kamui8899
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby ZiggyZiggington » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:54 am

Thats quite a lineup you got there. I wish my league drafted like that haha.

You're almost there. Morris in for Sproles, while Sproles is fairly reliable you can count your stars Brees will be putting the ball through the air a lot en route to winning their first game maybe, even with GB's weak run defense. That said, I would slot in nearly any WR1 playing against the Saints this year, their secondary is atrocious. I like Houston's defense vs. a very pedestrian, CJ2K-less Titans offense. Gates/Pettigrew have similar match-ups in terms of points allowed to TE's this year, but Id ride the hotter hands of Antonio. Plus Rivers doesn't know what to do with receivers shorter than 6'2, so besides Floyd, Gates is likely to get the most targets. Bush is a harder call, but id still play him. It sucks he doesnt play till Monday so you wont have a shot to sub in anyone else if Forte does go, but im guessing due to the nature of an ankle injury even if he does come back he wont be carrying a full workload, and Bush gets most of the goal line carries anyways so even if Forte gets all the work between the 20's, Bush could very well still grab you at least a TD.

Even though kickers are all but a complete afterthought in fantasy, Janikowski has a big leg and I foresee a lot of FG's in Oakland's future. Its not like they have a high impact position so i wouldnt expect a probably designation to be of any issue, they just might ask him to not try too hard to tackle anyone...not an issue here.
ZiggyZiggington
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Who to Start/Bench