Total newbie looking for some help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Total newbie looking for some help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Total newbie looking for some help

Postby SillyNewb » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Hello Fantasy Cafe!

New member here just looking for any general tips you can offer!

I recently joined a fantasy league with friends of mine that have all been playing together for years now. I myself have played before... Once, and things that didn't turn out well. This year I'm I'm doing all right with a 2-1 record heading into week 4. I'm basically just looking to get second/ third opinions on my roster... Here it is, as I have it set today.

QB- Philip Rivers
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Dez Bryant
WR- Brandon LaFell
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
RB- Stevan Ridley
TE- Fred Davis
Flex- RB- Michael Bush
k- Jason Hanson
DEF- New York Giants

BENCH
RB- Trent Richardson
TE- Owen Daniels
WR- Marques Colston
RB- Mark Ingram
WR- Titus Young
QB- Andrew Luck

May have already screwed the pooch a bit leaving Richardson on the bench (wasn't paying attention) but I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have and I'd be more than happy to help you guys/gals out in any way I can!

Thanks,
- some silly newb
SillyNewb
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Total newbie looking for some help

Postby oden » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:01 pm

I would keep your roster just how it is. Maybe check to see if Forte's injury has magically gotten way better tomorrow morning before playing Bush, but looks good to me.
oden
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby T-Lo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:19 am

Definitely play Richardson on the regular instead of Ridley. Bush as a flex is good in my opinion, whether Forte plays or not [depending on the DEF they are up against that week]. You are okay at WR, I hope you had Colston playing this week. Even with his injury issues I would have played him over Lafell, but I didn't post here soon enough to try and help you there.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby SillyNewb » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 am

Yeah, I made a huge mistake playing LaFell instead of Colston. Honestly my WRs have done little for me this season in comparison to my RBs. That said I'm thinking of dropping Mark Ingram (RB) for James Jones and possibly LaFell for Andre Roberts or Mike Williams... Any thoughts?
SillyNewb
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby T-Lo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 pm

If Andre Roberts is still available I would take him. He might not do much against the Rams, but he will probably have a great year. Don't feel too bad about Colston. I figured he would do good, but he was only averaging 7 fantasy points each week or less. Drop LaFell for either of them and you'll be good, Roberts being a higher priority.

You can't really lose with dropping Ingram for Jones either. Jones may disappear in the season as many Green Bay RBs end up doing, but he certainly has more upside at the moment.

With Fantasy Football, always look forward. There is no time for regrets. Also, only commit to a move you feel with your gut. I kept trying to trade Michael Turner off for the last two weeks but he has been one of my productive keepers for years now. No one took him and he posted me 30 points this week.

So never take what someone here or an expert says 100%. Use the information, think it over with what you want to do, and decide whether to pull the trigger.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:05 am

Looks like a decent team.

TRich should be in you starting lineup. I would play him over Bush. Nice to have all those options at running back.

I would play Colston over Lafell for sure. I would actually even play him over Dez, but put him in for Lafell.

I might take Owen Daniels over Fred Davis, but I think its a close one.

You do need to add some WR help, but luckily there should be some decent options on the wire. Not thrilled with Roberts considering the woeful state of Arizona's offense, but it might be a decent add for you. I would certainly be scouring the waiver wire for WR help though. Some potential targets: Donnie Avery, James Jones, Jeremy Kerley, and Leonard Hankerson. See whats out there.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Return to Beginner's Forum