best website - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

best website

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Buckychudd » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:40 am

Slowkidz wrote:
kevinashcraft wrote:Yahoo is for people who like fantasy football to be more fantasy like. I mean I hate dthe fact that every time I won a title i had to give the players back the next year.

Yahoo has their niche though...people who like football and are fantasy beginners who dont want to pay.

I haven't really had a problem with yahoo at all. Also, you can do keeper/dynasty lgs with them, you just have to be creative about it. Create a Groups Page with Yahoo and store team rosters there. Its a great way to communicate through the offseason. Or you could always do it like the old days and <gasp> have your commish write things down. I wouldn't say Yahoo is for the beginners. For people who don't feel the need to pay to play, sure....but not for beginners.

I agree, what's everybodys problem with Yahoo?

You can do a keeper or dynasty leagues very easy in Yahoo. If you have a four player keeper league, just tell everyone that for the first four rounds of the draft they have to select a player that was on their team the previous year......easy.

The only bad thing is that you can't set the draft order or trade draft spots......but if you really want to get around this, just choose to do an offline draft and have the commish set everyone's roster according to that.

Just be a little creative people. :-]
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:07 am

The Fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our format, but in our company, that makes us underlings.
- Julius Caesar

Sorry for the Shakespear ripoff fellas, but thats the answer here. People disgruntled with Yahoo usually have had bad experiences with them, and the vast majority of the issues are competition related. Any sort of free, anonymous, public system will attract an element of carelessness. Thats why the best leagues are ones where the owners are personally vested - whether its a bunch of guys who know each other and play for bragging rights, or for the cold, hard cash. The Yahoo format is as good as any, its just the competition is weak in public leagues.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Buckychudd » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:15 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The Fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our format, but in our company, that makes us underlings.
- Julius Caesar

Sorry for the Shakespear ripoff fellas, but thats the answer here. People disgruntled with Yahoo usually have had bad experiences with them, and the vast majority of the issues are competition related. Any sort of free, anonymous, public system will attract an element of carelessness. Thats why the best leagues are ones where the owners are personally vested - whether its a bunch of guys who know each other and play for bragging rights, or for the cold, hard cash. The Yahoo format is as good as any, its just the competition is weak in public leagues.

Good point......I've only played with people I know, vs the anonymous, public system.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby guest9 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:46 am

I used ESPN this year, and I sorely missed cbs. ESPN was not ready to host fantasy leagues yet, they didn't have all the features set up until halfway through the year. It got a little better, but it's way too expensive for a site that has no advantage over yahoo. I did like cbs alot though.
guest9

Friendliness: %

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:20 am

M_Zimm wrote:myfantasyleague.com isn't bad. It is cheap and it is a nice setup.

i agree, that is an awesome website and it has live scoring (which is awesome) and it is easy to figure out for newbies like me
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby T-DIDDY » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:02 pm

We used tundraball.com this year for the first time. I am impressed with how quick the live scoring is. It is fairly reasonable at $50, and it is easy to use. The only problem is with the play-offs. They don't let you customize your play-offs. You have to do it the way they have it set up. We played head to head all year, and then instead of a play-off format, they want us to switch to total score(playoff team with the highest total score in the plaoffs wins). Other than that, we really liked the site.
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:20 pm

WFor all you who lkike to use Yaho for keeper/dynasty leagues...and do it the hard way, I say "Why?"

Have you ever commished a dynasty league that goes year round? It is so much easier to do via a commissioner service than to do with paper/offline

WIth Yahoo, even with our private league we had there, I still hated it. It would have been too hard to do via a groups page etc. as a commissioner, I am looking for the best, and most convenient way to run a league, even if it costs a lil bit...convenience costs money sometimes!.

Whats better than having a dynasty legaue with player contracts salary caps, offseason trading, and not having to do it offline? And we did it this year for $3 a team.

Shoot I would pay #20 per team to have those conveniences!
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Gatekeeper » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:39 pm

I really like rtsports.com. The programmers are responsive to all your needs. It keeps track of all your finances for all teams in the league all year (ex. charging for pickups etc...). It has a weekly NFL picks feature which we do at ten bucks a week in our league. It lets you manually adjust the waiver wire setup on a weekly basis. It retains rosters over the offseason for keeper purposes. There are many more useful features I cant come up with instantaneously, but as a commish I have found it is the most convenient website to use. I would recommend checking it out. The service costs $80 a year so at $8 a person in a ten-team league I thought it is more than reasonable.
The keeper will never let you pass!!!
The Gatekeeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steindawg » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:47 pm

M_Zimm wrote:myfantasyleague.com isn't bad. It is cheap and it is a nice setup.

we also use this...pretty good site...but we don't use the waivers on the site...wish we did them different...
steindawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 4Pack » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:14 pm

Alot of differing opinions. Different strokes for different folks I guess is what it amounts too. I am about as diehard as a Fantasy Football manager can get....and I have no problems with Yahoo (we also have a keeper league on Yahoo). If and when the time comes when Yahoo begins being a pay site...I will still continue too play...I love the game too much not too. I still say it all boils down to the results on gameday.....and weather or not you pay too play or not...the results are the same.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk