Chuck Pagano - leukemia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chuck Pagano - leukemia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chuck Pagano - leukemia

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 am

Colts coach Chuck Pagano has leukemia, will likely miss several games
11:08 AM, Oct 1, 2012

Colts owner Jim Irsay said at a news conference this morning that he's optimistic about coach Chuck Pagano recovering from leukemia.

"It's been a very difficult week," Irsay said. "...I am optimistic. I feel with every fiber of my body --- and I know Chuck feels the same way --- that he can beat this thing."

Irsay said it's unlikely Pagano will be able to resume his job fully this season.

Larry Cripe, Pagano's doctor, said the goal of the treatment is to cure the disease and have Pagano return to coaching. But, Cripe added, "The process is long and complicated." Treatment can extend up to two years.

The Star first reported the illness and that Pagano would likely miss several games while being treated for acute promyelocytic leukemia. According to the American Cancer Society website, "early diagnosis and treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) ... is important because patients with APL may develop serious blood-clotting or bleeding problems. ... Treatment induces remission in 80 to 90 percent of patients."

"The course we're seeing is a typical course for someone with this disease," Cripe said. "...There's no doubt that for the next several weeks, day to day, he's at risk of complications."

con't...

more:
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk