1-3 after this week, why am i not doing well?? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

1-3 after this week, why am i not doing well?? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

1-3 after this week, why am i not doing well?? WHIR 100%

Postby bigdogg712 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm 1-3 (after this week) and in a 3 game loosing streak. I lost even with charles' 35 pt performance week 3. I won week 1, but have lost since then. What can I do to make my team better? What are some hypothetical trades that you think I can make? I really need help!!!

My Team

QB: Rivers
RB: Foster
RB: Charles
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Pitta
RB/WR: Lloyd
DST: Cardinals
K: Hanson

BN: Demaryous thomas
BN: Britt
BN: Ingram
BN: Hillis
BN: Marques Colston
BN: Ryan Williams
BN: Tamme

10 team, no ppr.

Thanks, and post a link if you want help!!
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1-3 after this week, why am i not doing well?? WHIR 100%

Postby Indibuck » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:33 pm

bigdogg712 wrote:I'm 1-3 (after this week) and in a 3 game loosing streak. I lost even with charles' 35 pt performance week 3. I won week 1, but have lost since then. What can I do to make my team better? What are some hypothetical trades that you think I can make? I really need help!!!

My Team

10 team, no ppr.

I feel your pain... I have been in a league with the same buddies for 15 years, and despite having the 3rd most points scored in the league, I will be 0-4.

Sometimes you just get unlucky. I think, for the most part, your roster is pretty good. One suggestion I would make is to trade away Rivers and one of your WRs for an upgrade at QB... I would look to trade Jennings. Another would be to deal a little WR depth for some RB depth as I have concerns beyond your top 2 guys.

Better luck the rest of the way for you.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby bigdogg712 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Indibuck wrote:
bigdogg712 wrote:I'm 1-3 (after this week) and in a 3 game loosing streak. I lost even with charles' 35 pt performance week 3. I won week 1, but have lost since then. What can I do to make my team better? What are some hypothetical trades that you think I can make? I really need help!!!

My Team

10 team, no ppr.

I feel your pain... I have been in a league with the same buddies for 15 years, and despite having the 3rd most points scored in the league, I will be 0-4.

Sometimes you just get unlucky. I think, for the most part, your roster is pretty good. One suggestion I would make is to trade away Rivers and one of your WRs for an upgrade at QB... I would look to trade Jennings. Another would be to deal a little WR depth for some RB depth as I have concerns beyond your top 2 guys.

Thanks. Ive tried trading my WR depth for some help at the RB position. Who should I target? What WRs should I pair together to get a decent RB, yet still keep my WRs solid? What about the Qb? If I were to package jennings and rivers, who could I get? Rodgers? Brady? Brees?

Thanks!
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 am

bigdogg712 wrote:
Indibuck wrote:

My Team

10 team, no ppr.

Thanks. Ive tried trading my WR depth for some help at the RB position. Who should I target? What WRs should I pair together to get a decent RB, yet still keep my WRs solid? What about the Qb? If I were to package jennings and rivers, who could I get? Rodgers? Brady? Brees?

Thanks!

Tough to know who to package and for what, without knowing league rosters, etc., but Jennings and Rivers for one of the big boy QB is a good place to start. Shoot off a few trade requests and get the ball rolling.

Good luck. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:56 am

I think part of your problem is just bad luck. Your starters look pretty good. I think Rivers makes you a little weak at QB, but otherwise your starting team looks solid.

I would not be in too big a hurry to trade anybody on your team away, I like it the way it is.

My advise would be to work the waiver wire for the depth you need and stand pat with the starting lineup you have. That team should be good enough to put together some wins and get you back in the hunt.

The only change I would make to your starting lineup is to put Colston in for the injured Jennings and find a bye week replacement for Hanson this week, but you probably already did that (I hope).

Guys I would look at dropping first are Hillis and Williams.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Return to Beginner's Forum