1-3 after this week, why am i not doing well?? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

1-3 after this week, why am i not doing well?? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

1-3 after this week, why am i not doing well?? WHIR 100%

Postby bigdogg712 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm 1-3 (after this week) and in a 3 game loosing streak. I lost even with charles' 35 pt performance week 3. I won week 1, but have lost since then. What can I do to make my team better? What are some hypothetical trades that you think I can make? I really need help!!!

My Team

QB: Rivers
RB: Foster
RB: Charles
WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Pitta
RB/WR: Lloyd
DST: Cardinals
K: Hanson

BN: Demaryous thomas
BN: Britt
BN: Ingram
BN: Hillis
BN: Marques Colston
BN: Ryan Williams
BN: Tamme

10 team, no ppr.

Thanks, and post a link if you want help!!
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1-3 after this week, why am i not doing well?? WHIR 100%

Postby hevak » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 am

Try to get a better QB? honestly not much I would consider doing, you just need to ride out injuries. and plan your team for the playoffs in a 10 team league almost everyone will go to playoffs.

Check out my trade thx
viewtopic.php?t=523742
hevak
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby oxhammer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 am

Your team doesn't look all that bad. Weakness is definitely QB. Not sure how much you'd be able to upgrade though. I'm a firm believer that you have to gamble to win. If you're 1-3, you might want to follow that advice. WR is where your depth lies. I would try to package one or more of your top receivers in a trade. It's risky to count on Britt but you're 1-3. You've got Colston on the bench too, who looked a lot better this weekend. Do you believe in Williams? It might hurt to trade Foster or Charles, but the upgrade at QB might offset the downgrade at WR.

viewtopic.php?t=523784
oxhammer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LanceHardwood » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:56 am

Yea I'd try to pick up a QB.

I like Schaub personally and most people don't play him, so he'll be cheap.

Romo had a bad game, but he's typically one of the better QB's in fantasy. With Witten doing a lot better, he should be back on his way as long as his line protects him.

Stafford has also been sliding. He puts up decent games, but not as good as last year. He might be tradeable for someone else.

Ryan Fitzpatrick seems to have found his groove again, and with Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller distracting defenders, they'll be able to use play action to get big pass plays. He still has Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, and Scott Chandler to throw to.

Eli Manning is typically under the radar as a QB. He can put up big games but is more consistent than Rivers.

I think Foster and Charles is solid. I also wouldn't trade Julio. If Ryan Williams has a big game you could try to trade him, as he is not consistent even with Beanie Wells out.
LanceHardwood
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings