Playing the Buffalo Running Backs, week 5 and going forward. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Playing the Buffalo Running Backs, week 5 and going forward.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playing the Buffalo Running Backs, week 5 and going forward.

Postby twinkypoop » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Hope that this is the right forum for this question.

For owners who handcuffed Fred Jackson w/ CJ Spiller, assuming that both backs return to health, what are your expectations going forward for both backs, & how would you play one over the other, or both depending on matchup?

For example, I play in a 10 team league (2RB-2WR-1RB/WR) with a 6RB limit/roster, and I have McGahee, FJax, Spiller, Benson, LeShoure & Bilal on my roster.

Week 5, I'm looking at Benson (vs IND) & McGahee (vs HOU) for sure starts.
For the flex spot, I'm looking at FJax & Spiller vs SF or Bilal (vs HOU) who isn't viable at this time. (LeShoure has a bye, and for my WRs, Megatron has a bye, and Decker & Colston fill out my WR slots.)
In this situation, as long as both FJax & Spiller do not have injury setbacks, I'd probably start Spiller hoping for a home run or catching passes out of the backfield playing catch-up vs SF in the Flex slot. Or should I be looking for a WR or RB on the waivers and avoid them both completely?

Life was so much easier when FJax was banged up & Spiller was the man! :-)

Thanks for the input!
QB- Stafford
RB- J Charles, R Bush, G Bernard, S Jax, B Tate, Snelling
WR- L Fitz, Amendola, Gordon, Gordon, Blackmon, Broyles, Marlon Brown
TE- J Thomas, Cook
K- Walsh
DEF- Rams
twinkypoop
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Playing the Buffalo Running Backs, week 5 and going forw

Postby donkquixote » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:49 am

I'm more inclined to play Spiller in general until FJax reestablishes some dominance, but particularly against SF for the reasons you stated. Spiller is one of the few backs that actually has some upside against SF, and at a minimum if the game goes really badly for BUF you can at least expect him to get some checkdowns or cheap 20 yard catch-and-run plays on 3rd-and-28 or whatever...
donkquixote
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench