Whazzup Eddie? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whazzup Eddie?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whazzup Eddie?

Postby Bazooka » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:32 pm

Anyone know the deal on Eddie George? He is listed as having an ankle injury and is considered day to day, but another site has him listed as expected to play. My top 2 RBs are Portis and Taylor and I'd rather not start Wheatley if i could avoid it. I go up against a guy in round 1 with Holmes, Faulk and Lewis as his starting 3, so I need the best I can get.

My Team His Team

McNabb Pennington
Portis Holmes
Taylor Faulk
George Lewis
Harrison RMoss
McCardell SMoss
Boo Williams Gonzo
Wilkins Elam
Rams Cowboys

Some of my players are really coming on over the past couple weeks and I actually outscored the number one seed (my opponent) over the past 2 weeks. But this George thing may help me out.
Bazooka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shatner8 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:34 pm

Dont know anything about George.But your in trouble, that team is as stacked as they come. Your gonna need a miracle to pull this one out. You better hope for another 5 td's from Portis
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bazooka » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:42 pm

Yeah, i know I'm up against it, but I'm the underdog, so the pressure's all on him. As I said, my saving grace has been that my players have been crazed lately and I've outscored him each of the past two weeks. I traded some players who I figured were on the down-swing but had value (McNair, Ricky, Jamal-- I was on a 5 game skid with that core and have won 2 of 3 since trading them. I acquired McNabb, Harrison, Taylor and Portis in recent weeks (Boo off waivers) and they've all produced). If I can make it three in a row, I'm set for the championship round. Anything can happen this time of year.
Bazooka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:43 am

i wouldn't start him because he has done nothing all year and this injury could hurt his carries start another WR
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bazooka » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:36 pm

I'd start another WR if I thought I had one who could put up better #'s. My other WRs are Kennison, Lee, Porter, Gardner and Shaw. I think George will likely outscore that group. Word is that he will be healthy and off the injury list. He may come up big at home in a game they need to make a statement on, or so I'm hoping. He ain't great, but he's the best option I got.
Bazooka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:23 pm

good luck in your beat down... i mean match.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bazooka » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:11 am

Thanks, newbie. Just for fun, I'll chime in after Sunday to man up and let everyone know how it went, win or lose. We're not that far apart talent-wise in most categories (except maybe #3 RB) and I like my kicker and D over his. We'll see how it all shakes out. It's all about timing with players and about half a dozen of 'em have been just unconscious lately (Portis, Taylor, McNabb, Harrison, Boo and Wilkins), maybe enough to offset my weaknesses.
Bazooka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Fern » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:39 pm

this is the latest from cbs:

LATEST NEWS
George (ankle) is not on the Week 15 injury report.
(Updated 12/11/2003).

FANTASY ANALYSIS
George won't roll up a lot of yardage against Buffalo, but he might find the end zone.

I've had George on my bench all year, and have watched the last few Titans games. Honestly he's not as bad as everyone thinks, hes looked decent running the ball lately, but he just doesn't have the speed or burst to break a long one. Good luck;-D
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk