Joe flacco or cam newton? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Joe flacco or cam newton?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joe flacco or cam newton?

Postby Charlie » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 am

Heading into the week, I was very sure I'd start flacco; I think he does well against the kc defense. After newton's numbers against atl, now I might start him.
Charlie
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Joe flacco or cam newton?

Postby donkquixote » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Seattle has a great secondary, and they don't figure to let Cam run all over them either. I'd take Cam all things being equal, but he's facing a very tough defense this week.
donkquixote
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Re: Joe flacco or cam newton?

Postby duffoholic » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:18 pm

I have this same problem. Last week I went with Flacco and was pretty happy Thursday night! Right now I have Flacco in since he his playing a sloppy KC defence but it is hard to bench Newton. He did a really good job last week against a tough Atlanta D. His subpar performances this year seem to be the fault of the play calling rather than his play. In week 1 and 3 when he scored less than 15 pts for me, he seemed really hesitant to run and there were very few designed plays for him to run. If he can make a few decent gains with his legs he totally opens up the rest of the field and in the the two bad games it looked like he was being coached away from doing this.

So, all this being said, this game looks to be close with Seattle playing tough and relying on the ground game to try and control the clock and set the tempo. I don't see Carolina putting up many points. Flacco on the other hand is playing against a Chiefs team that can't get rolling with Cassel and is averaging 34 points against/game. I have to roll with Flacco again and watch Cam pull superman for 80 yards rushing and 3 total TDs. Sigh.
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Return to Who to Start/Bench