Postby Newram05 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 am

I'm glad I drafted RG3 as my backup!!!
Newram05
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: TONY ROMO

Postby tantrix1969 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 am

Newram05 wrote:I'm glad I drafted RG3 as my backup!!!

yea sadly I think the best thing for Romo would be to ask for a trade to somewhere he actually has a chance to win a sb(SF or KC maybe?) in the next few years as I don't see it happening with our current gm and circus of a coaching staff. What made me the maddest about last nights loss was seeing Garrett and some players laughing and smiling on the sideline in the fourth quarter. There is a lack of leadership on this team, no one to hold the other players accountable like Steve Smith did by getting in Cam's face when he was sulking during there Giants loss.I have been and will remain a Cowboys fan but sadly i see us mired in mediocrity until something major changes.
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 am

tantrix1969 wrote:
Newram05 wrote:I'm glad I drafted RG3 as my backup!!!

yea sadly I think the best thing for Romo would be to ask for a trade to somewhere he actually has a chance to win a sb(SF or KC maybe?) in the next few years as I don't see it happening with our current gm and circus of a coaching staff. What made me the maddest about last nights loss was seeing Garrett and some players laughing and smiling on the sideline in the fourth quarter. There is a lack of leadership on this team, no one to hold the other players accountable like Steve Smith did by getting in Cam's face when he was sulking during there Giants loss.I have been and will remain a Cowboys fan but sadly i see us mired in mediocrity until something major changes.

Me to. If we had Cowher or even Harbaugh we would be completely different. I still remember seeing Cowher with his pissed off face stepping on the field to confront a 300+ lb player about committing a penalty or making a mistake. Its that type of attitude Dallas needs and until then we will never win it let alone make the playoffs.

As for Romo the guy is a great QB no doubt but the team has to give him time by either blocking better or successfully running the ball. The WR's need to run the right routes, and catch the passes thrown to them.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 am

Cowboys want Tony Romo extension
Updated: February 13, 2013, 4:16 PM ET
By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said the team wants a long-term contract with quarterback Tony Romo because he's the key piece to moving toward a championship.

"Tony is a key piece of what we're about going forward," Jones said Tuesday. "We're certainly going to be looking at his situation (in) time.

"We've historically (extended contracts) with quarterbacks for the Dallas Cowboys ahead of time. We did it with Troy (Aikman) and we certainly want to look at that with Tony so we can all move forward in terms of how we want to play around our salary cap with our team. Tony is the key piece in terms of how your cap is represented."

Romo, in the last year of his contract, is scheduled to earn a base salary of $11.5 million in 2013. His salary cap figure is a team-high $16.8 million.

The Cowboys, like all NFL teams, have until March 12 to get under the expected $121 million cap. The Cowboys are roughly $20 million over that figure, so lowering Romo's cap number by extending his contract is an important part of that process.

con't...

more: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... -extension

Tony Romo needs to earn it
Cowboys' issues at QB are obvious, but Jones must approach it all differently
Updated: February 11, 2013, 3:44 PM ET
By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- For some reason Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has consistently neglected the position of quarterback for more than a decade. That flawed philosophical approach is the primary reason his beloved franchise is now compromised.

Tony Romo is supposed to count nearly $17 million against the Cowboys' salary cap in 2013.

Conventional wisdom says the Cowboys should give Romo a lucrative, long-term extension designed to lower his salary-cap number next season and keep him with the team long term. Doing so would allow the Cowboys to do business this offseason with few cap restraints.

Jones should try a different approach, a bold tactic designed to maximize Romo's competitiveness and talent.

The Cowboys should let Romo play out his deal just as the Baltimore Ravens did with quarterback Joe Flacco.

Make Romo play his best football for himself -- and the team -- next season.

con't...

more: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... mo-earn-it
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby tantrix1969 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Don't think with their cap situation as it is waiting to extend him is a viable option
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby moochman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Agreed, the Raves got lucky with Flacco last year. All he needed to do was have an injury or some other confluence of events that prevent the numbers from compiling and they leave themselves having to either try low-balling their stud QB and risk him testing the open market, or looking a bit silly by paying lots for him after a subpar season. Point being that Romo is the girl you brought to the dance, buy her that darn corsage and hope you get lucky.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:14 am

Romo is a good QB if he has time to throw the ball. The team also needs to be able to run the ball to keep defenses honest. When they know you are throwing the odds of Romo not making a mistake drop. We havent had a decent O line since E Smith was our RB. That is the key to a successful offense. If Romo is hurried he makes mistakes. They got to shore up the offensive line but that takes a top 10 pick which we wont have.

If it were up to me I feel he is a huge asset to our team. I feel in most cases other aspects of the team breaking down are what are causing him to perform badly. Penalties, o line breakdown, wrs not running the correct route. We get those mistakes shored up and we could make a run. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby murphysxm » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:26 am

moochman wrote: Point being that Romo is the girl you brought to the dance, buy her that darn corsage and hope you get lucky.

I don't believe this nugget of brilliance is getting it's just due. Well played Mooch, well played
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:50 pm

murphysxm wrote:
moochman wrote: Point being that Romo is the girl you brought to the dance, buy her that darn corsage and hope you get lucky.

I don't believe this nugget of brilliance is getting it's just due. Well played Mooch, well played

agree, that is some pure awesomeness there
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Football Talk