Waiver Pick ups-need help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Waiver Pick ups-need help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Waiver Pick ups-need help

Postby LottaMuscles » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:36 pm

I was wondering if Brandon Bolden will be a solid number 2 or flex rb after his last game posting over 100 years on 16 carries. Worth the waiver pick up?

Also feelings about andre roberts and brian hartline?
LottaMuscles
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Waiver Pick ups-need help

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 am

A little late on the response, but just in case it helps:

Bolden looks like the most highly touted pickup this week. He should be owned in most leagues simply because the running back pool is so shallow, but I do not see him as a safe bet either. I think Ridley is still the main man, and Bolden benefited from getting a lot of carries in a blowout. Who knows what could happen in New England where they seem to mix up their personnel and game plan a lot, but my gut tells me Bolden is a one week wonder.

If Brian Hartline is available in your league, then grab him ASAP. He is a guy who should be owned in all leagues as well. I do not think we will see another 250 yard game from him, but I expect to see a lot more weeks like he had in week 2. He is very high on the targets and is currently one of the top handful of WR in fantasy points. I do expect his numbers to come back to earth, but he is clearly the man in line to get the targets in Miami. He will probably be up and down because Miami is not that good, but he will also continue getting a lot of looks as Miami is forced to pass late in games.

As to Roberts, he is probably worth owning, but I don't want him. The only Cardinal I want to own is Larry Fitzgerald, otherwise I'm staying away from that team. Their offensive line is simply horrendous. Roberts might have some value because he benefits from Fitz getting the double teams, but I want no part of the offense I saw on the field this week in Arizona.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Re: Waiver Pick ups-need help

Postby PatriotsGirl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Some great advice there! Great work. I like Bolden a lot. Best of luck with your pickups!
PatriotsGirl
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum