Do I need to retool? Previous Champion now 1-3 *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Do I need to retool? Previous Champion now 1-3 *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Do I need to retool? Previous Champion now 1-3 *WHIR*

Postby LombardiParty » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:29 pm

I understand that they are good, heck, that's why I traded for them. I am just getting sick and tired of losing to people after they make trades with me to have the team that I do. I'll think I am going to try to do a 2-for-1 to get a stud WR and then I am going to sit on the guys I have, hoping that my studs will produce for me going forward. Thanks for the help.
LombardiParty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:07 pm

If you are 3-1 its just a case of running into teams that are getting abnormally good production from their guys, its just bad luck and nothing you can do about that. Your guys are producing at a very high level which is all you can ask for.

The only thing i would potentially do if I were you is try and sell high on Jordy Nelson and package him up with Fred Jackson for a stud WR. Considering the team you have there seem to be some suckers so wouldnt be surprised if you could get a Julio Jones out of that deal
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby duffoholic » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Yeah, hang tight and the wins will come. What could you improve? Realistically, unless you can get an AJ green or Roddy white for Nelson somehow, your team is set. Personally I'd wait it out and walk in to another championship. It sounds like you're in a joke of a 10 team league and 10 team leagues are silly to begin with.
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Nothing wrong with 10 team leagues, im in 2 of them and i love them. The great thing with 10 team leagues is that if you draft smart and search the waiver well your team will look so stacked on paper top to bottom and you can always pull 2 for 1s. By the way, if you guys need another person for this league next year count me in :)
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions