Jackie Battle... Overtaking Mathews? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jackie Battle... Overtaking Mathews?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jackie Battle... Overtaking Mathews?

Postby nbay23 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:50 pm

From Rotoworld....Norv's take on Mathews...

Coach Norv Turner indicated that Ryan Mathews' weekly workloads will increase back to the full-time variety following Sunday's loss to New Orleans, saying "I expect him to be one of the league's leading rushers."
"Ryan was outstanding," Turner said following Mathews' 139-total yard, one-score effort, in which he was ultimately underutilized. "Everything I’ve said about him in the offseason, every time he’s had adversity, he’s come back stronger. People want to count him out or say, ‘Hey, you can’t count on this guy,’ but he’s come back stronger." In order to finish among the NFL's lead rushers, Mathews has some ground to make up and Turner knows it. It's still very much attainable against one of the league's most cakewalk schedules to close out the year. The buy-low window on Mathews has officially closed.

"..count him out"??? Norv you idiot, you were the one who was counting him out! You should have played him during that last series last night, and maybe could have pulled the game off. The best RB you have, and he's on the bench when you need your best players on the field on a crucial time?? Geeeezzzz.

'=
nbay23 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chibears » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Anybody got Norv's personal Email? :)
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Chibears » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Anybody have Norv's personal Email address? :-P
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Chibears wrote:Anybody have Norv's personal Email address? :-P

I think its SomewhereupAJsbutt.disorg

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby nbay23 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:15 pm

From the San Diego Union Tribune......totally agree with it.

"After extensive film study, talking to dozens of NFL sources and tapping into my Bolts Deep Throat contacts, This Just In discovered part of what ails the Chargers.
Ryan Mathews must be released from jail.
Mathews was handed the ball 12 times against the Saints and gained 80 yards rushing. Philip Rivers dumped him the ball six times on passes that produced another 59 yards.
Eighteen touches, 139 yards.
Which begs the question: Why not give No. 24 the ball more often?
Because GM A.J. Smith called Mathews into the principal’s office, ordered Mathews to wear a dunce cap and slapped him on the wrist for fumbling in the red zone against the Atlanta Falcons. Like Mathews’ dropsy was the sole reason for the Chargers’ 27-3 embarrassment.
The guy was coming off fracturing his clavicle. It was his first game of the season. Past fumbling issues aside, ease up.
Against the Saints, with Mathews running in a physical, darting, north-south dominating fashion, Norv Turner kept blending Ronnie Brown and Jackie Battle into the formula. Turner called 47 pass plays.
In short, Norv goofed.
In football, as in life, you can’t play — or coach — scared. Let Picasso paint. Let Hemingway write. Let Mathews run."
nbay23 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TitsMcGahee » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 am

Norv did it again! Throwing when they have a 21 point league, and benching Mathews for dumpy Ronnie Brown in the 4th quarter. Unbelievable!
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:10 pm

TitsMcGahee wrote:Norv did it again! Throwing when they have a 21 point league, and benching Mathews for dumpy Ronnie Brown in the 4th quarter. Unbelievable!

At this point with him, it's comical - how he has held onto that job as long as he has is mind-boggling.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager