Ryan Williams or Jackie Battle? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Ryan Williams or Jackie Battle?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan Williams or Jackie Battle?

Postby FosterKnows » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:51 am

So I just picked up Battle from the waiver wire and I'm curious if I should start him this week. I have LeShoure on a bye and Andre Brown in a committee so its between Williams and Battle. I know the St Louis D isnt the best against the run but I'm not sure if I'm ready to trust WIlliams. He did get shut down last week, but it was MIA so its hard to judge. With Battle, I know he's not going to get the majority of carries but I see him vulturing the goal line TDs, and going against NO something tells me he's going to have a lot of chances. So I'm leaning towards Battle at this point, just wondering if I'm making the right call. Thanks for any advice or input.

10yards rush=1pt 10yards receiving=1pt 25yards passing=1pt Pass/Rush/Receving TD=6pts

QB-M.Ryan
WR-P.Harvin
WR-A.Hawkins
WR-D.Hixon
RB-A.Foster
RB-?
TE-M.Bennett
K-M.Bryant
DEF-Minnesota

BN-C.Ponder
BN-M.LeShoure(bye)
BN-J.Bell(bye)
BN-A.Browm
BN-R.Williams
BN-J.Battle
FosterKnows
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ryan Williams or Jackie Battle?

Postby fitzy1153 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:06 am

I'm in the exact same position. I have leshoure as my other back. As of right now im starting williams. Matthews could see all of the work load this week. Battle could see goaline opportunites and split carries at best. Williams gets the start for me so far; however, that could change. Any other input from anyone else would be great.
fitzy1153
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby MAXIMIS » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:15 am

I'd go williams . take the starter ... safer bet plus already announced battle's workload will be more reduced this week.
help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=523965
MAXIMIS
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby FosterKnows » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Actually they just announced Battle will be starting for them against New Orleans. They did this last week too and everyone thought it was to send a message to Matthews. On their website Turner says this is not what he was doing at all. Hes trying to find the rythme and flow of the offense and likes what Battle brings to the table. And I'm pretty sure Battle actually had one more carry then Matthews last game, so I don't see that drastically changing. So he might just get the opportunities to "save the bacon"
FosterKnows
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Blackhawk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 pm

With the news of Battle being the starter, I would go with him. NO has been great to opposing RB's this year.

Help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=524061
Thanks to Guttpuppy for this awesome sig!
Blackhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FosterKnows » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:28 am

Any other advice? This is still a pretty tough call for me. Williams being the only one getting carries against a pretty decent match up, or Battle sharing the carries against the worst rush defense. Overall I think Williams will have more yards but Battle could have a TD or even 2+ on top of his shorter yardage. Which doesnt help my decision. Im worried if Brees gets things going early for New Orleans then the Chargers are going to have to lean towards their pass game which could leave the run game behind. Or they blow NO out of the water and Battle gets major garbage time. SO TOUGH. Any more suggestions would be awesome, please and thank you.
FosterKnows
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench