Last place team out of playoffs released all his players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Last place team out of playoffs released all his players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Last place team out of playoffs released all his players

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:59 pm

In our 10 team yahoo league, the last place team failed to make the playoffs. Tonight he decided to release all of his players (at least the ones he could... it's a yahoo league so some were on the "do not cut list").

In a yahoo league, is there anything our commish can do to block other teams from picking up these players or is this just gonna be a free for all that screws up our playoffs.

Thanks for any info.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:02 pm

I'm not in any yahoo leagues but if the commish can lock those players he should.

BTW, I assume its a given, but dont let that owner back next year.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:11 pm

Part of the problem I anticipate is that the commish barely snuck into the playoffs and could use some help. I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but this could get ugly.

Amazing how one sore loser has to ruin the whole thing for everyone else. He basically stormed off like a 5 year old and said "I'm taking my ball with me." Of course, the difference is the guy's almost 30.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby zombiez » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:40 pm

what an idiot........yahoo needs to change it so there is no WW for the playoffs.....so would solve alot of problems
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:40 am

The commish should reinstate his team and he should be barred from any further invovlement. I think you should be able to get players off the wire all season, but a team should not be allowed to disband during the season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby slowkidz » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:58 am

Zombiez wrote:what an idiot........yahoo needs to change it so there is no WW for the playoffs.....so would solve alot of problems

i agree with this...if you team was good enough to get you into the playoffs, then they are good enough to carry you through. like the old saying goes, "Dance with the one who brought ya."

with your lg, the commish should put the players back on the team and then lock the owner out from participating any more. obviously, don't let him back in if this is a private lg. that's a sore way to play the game. unfortunately, i don't think you can stop anyone from picking up those players. you might want to post a message up on your lg site making everyone aware of what happened and suggest that no one does...but odds are people will do what they want to do...too bad...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Paladyr » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:14 am

the commish can force all of the players back on that guys team, just have him do that.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jebatzel » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:47 am

The Comish in yahoo can lock everyone's team from picking up players too.

A player in my league the 2 weeks ago did the same thing and I locked everyone's team

I just had a team that didn't make the playoffs pick up the best players that were dropped Chad Johnson and NE D.

JB
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

g

Postby guest9 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:04 am

I like the idea of having no drop/adds the week before playoffs. It's the same rationale as having a trade deadline. It cuts down on shady dealings.
guest9

Friendliness: %

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:17 am

moochman wrote:The commish should reinstate his team and he should be barred from any further invovlement. I think you should be able to get players off the wire all season, but a team should not be allowed to disband during the season.

i agree ww moves are crucial to success so don't take a good thing from everyone when one preppy snob wrecks it tell the commish to take care of it (put his players back)
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk