Last place team out of playoffs released all his players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Last place team out of playoffs released all his players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:28 am

Thanks for all the input guys. I think everyone's in agreement that this guy's an idiot.

Our commish seems to be on top of things. He sent out a request to all the owners that the released players be ignored. He said if this request is not honored, he'll have to resort to more extreme measures, like freezing rosters and shutting down the wire (which no one really wants). Guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for all the comments.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Super Freak » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:30 am

that sounds like a good commish i have a good one too who is not afraid of owners who cheat (collusion, purposly losing for draft picks) i have seen it all and he has taken care of it i hope your commish is good. GOOD LUCK DUDE
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: g

Postby altproject » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:06 am

guest9 wrote:I like the idea of having no drop/adds the week before playoffs. It's the same rationale as having a trade deadline. It cuts down on shady dealings.

i totally disagree with this idea. all it takes is for the commish to spend a little time before the season starts WRITING SOME RULES. this sort of thing is easy to put in writing... don't UNLOAD YOUR TEAM. if you do, the commish will put all the players back where they came from and not invite you to play in the league next year. easy.

i think disabling the WW during the playoffs is the wrong answer. i've been playing FF for 10 years, WW work during the playoffs is one of the most important and exciting parts of the game -- especially if you play in a larger (14+ team) league.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jebatzel » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:39 pm

in a yahoo league each team would have to enable commish control of their team.

yahoo disabled this feature back in October I think though.

JB
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 49ers Forever » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:57 pm

same thing happened in my yahoo league, only no trade deadline was imposed, so he started making ridiculous trade offers as well. The commish jumped on it, and has vetoed all trades the guy has made. He also asked all of us not to pick up anyone in FA land that this guy dropped. It stinks how sore losers can screw up a perfectly good playoff season.
49ers Forever
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Txagy1 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:09 pm

Am I missing something??? Just tell everyone in your league they can't have those players. If another team already picked up some of the players, make them drop them.
Txagy1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:30 pm

Am I missing something??? Just tell everyone in your league they can't have those players.

In a perfect world, people wouldn't pick those players up. Hopefully, that's exactly what happens. Unfortunately, someone might not be able to resist the temptation of picking up Stephen Davis for the playoff run.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Canacuna » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:35 pm

The same thing happened in my league. I went ahead and put in waiver requests for the people that I wanted (I had #1 priority). Just about every team grabbed at least one player in my league, but we don't know eachother. Things might be different depending on the relationship among the teams in your league.

...I won't be joining a league with people that I don't next year for this very reason. Hopefully there will be an opening in a Cafe league for me...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby MMH » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:41 pm

why on earth do people drop their players? Seriously I hate that more than anything. What is the logic in it?

If i fail to make the play offs I get upset and just not check the games etc once the season is over. Anyone who ever does that should get shunned from FF and never asked to play again. They are idiots. In fact shun them in real life too. :-t
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Solution

Postby Bay City Bashers » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:53 pm

1st option: Get Commish to fix.

2nd option: Post appeal to rest of league to leave players on waiver.

3rd option: Locate sore loser and beat him until his children cry. Or her children. Heck, do it even if options 1 or 2 work.

!+)

QB: C. Pennington, J. Delhomme
RB(2): L. Tomlinson, M. Pittman, C. Garner, M. Bennett
WR(3): T. Holt, C. Chambers, K. Robinson, R. Gardner, C. Lee
TE: S. Sharpe, B. Williams
K: J. Kasay
DST: S.F.
Head Basher
Bay City Bashers
Cheerleader
Cheerleader