Last place team out of playoffs released all his players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Last place team out of playoffs released all his players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby emaja » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:08 pm

It is really pathetic when you have to actually write up something saying this is not allowed into the rules. What kind of loser pulls this crap? A sore one for sure, but make better decisions and you could have a winning team.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby AF » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:10 pm

Get some bolt cutters and go over to his house, I think you know what to do once you get there. Don't let him have crybaby kids. :-t

I agree this is beyond pathetic. So you didn't have a good year, don't be a baby about it. I finished like 9th or 10th last year in a keeper league and this year I am in 4th with the 2nd most points in the league. Just stick with your guns who knows what could happen. Best part is the 11-3 first place team has lost to me twice and the 10-4 2nd place has too, down side the 10-4 3rd place team has beat me twice. Somehow after getting 4 wins off the top 2 teams I am just 8-6.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby altproject » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:49 pm

emaja wrote:It is really pathetic when you have to actually write up something saying this is not allowed into the rules. What kind of loser pulls this crap? A sore one for sure, but make better decisions and you could have a winning team.

after being a commish for a few years, you wouldn't believe the crap i write into the rules nowadays. my rules page is about 10 paragraphs long. i keep adding onto it each year. but trust me, it's the only way to help a commish sleep well at night. cause even if you get 12 of the best of friends together in one league, there's always going to be at least one moron that aleniates all the rest with a dumb action like dropping all his players the weekend before playoffs start. WRITE THE RULES.... it only takes a couple hours out of your life.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:11 pm

A sore one for sure, but make better decisions and you could have a winning team.

Here's the kicker - the guy actually had a really good team at the beginning of the year. In fact, on paper, most of us thought he'd win the league (10 team yahoo league). He had Manning, Portis, Isaac Bruce, William Green, Tiki Barber, A. Thomas, McMichael, Philly D.

OK, as it turns out, his team wasn't as strong as expected, but if he had paid some attention and made some smarter moves and started the right guys, he could have been in the thick of things. I think he just got frustrated when things went south for some of his players and he gave up (he started players on their bye and would sometimes just leave empty roster spots in his starting line up).

A big baby.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mikey » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:33 am

Update:

A bunch of the released players were picked up by one of the teams in the playoffs. Basically every team respected the commisioner's call to leave those players on the wire except for one guy.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the commissioner does.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Murray » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:04 am

Can't commishes lock the rosters of teams? Our commish has done that to all the non-playoff teams in our leagues.
Murray
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:04 pm

Mikey wrote:Update:

A bunch of the released players were picked up by one of the teams in the playoffs. Basically every team respected the commisioner's call to leave those players on the wire except for one guy.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the commissioner does.

Well, I guess you just discovered which two teams not to invite back next year.

Friendliness: %

Postby emaja » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:07 pm

Damn, I hate it when I'm not logged in...

That was me.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby mikey » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:11 am

Sorry to revive this thread, but there have been some developments that I thought might interest people.

First the team that initially picked up 4 of the released players lost last week. In fact, he got spanked (much to the delight of most teams in the league), making that situation kind of moot.

Here's the new twist. A second team this week picked up a couple of the released players. In order to do so, he dropped DeShaun Foster (he's a Stephen Davis owner). This was on Tuesday when Davis's situation wasn't really clear yet. Any way, I put in a waiver claim for Foster and landed him (did I mention that I face this guy in the payoffs this week?).
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby slowkidz » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:33 am

good for you. take advantage of his mistake. i wouldn't look at rejoining this league next year. with sore losers and all, it wouldn't be worth the hassle. :-t
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Previous

Return to Football Talk