Week 5: Chris Johnson or Ryan Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Week 5: Chris Johnson or Ryan Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 5: Chris Johnson or Ryan Williams

Postby aalkatrio » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:26 am

I don't have a lot of RB talent on my team so I can't decide whether to play Johnson or Williams this week. Any suggestions?
aalkatrio
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 5: Chris Johnson or Ryan Williams

Postby jmog » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:30 am

CJ1K, Williams hasn't been that good

help with mine

viewtopic.php?t=523990
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Postby LockerShocker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:32 am

Chris Johnson 100%.
LockerShocker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby aalkatrio » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:56 am

LockerShocker wrote:Chris Johnson 100%.

So Johnson has a better matchup against the Vikings vs Williams against the Rams?
aalkatrio
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LockerShocker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:58 am

Chris Johnson has big play potential. All it takes for him is to break one run for a TD which he is capable of. Ryan Williams has not done this yet, so I can't trust him. Williams had 13 carries for 26 yards and one catch for no yards Sunday against the Dolphins. That is sad, real sad stats.
LockerShocker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Brand814 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 am

aalkatrio wrote:
LockerShocker wrote:Chris Johnson 100%.

So Johnson has a better matchup against the Vikings vs Williams against the Rams?

Yes.

Gotta go with Johnson and hope that last week was the rule, and not the exception, if you get what I'm saying. Williams has honestly not showed me anything up to this point.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=523997
Brand814
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Eastman19 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 am

Laugh!! What has Johnson showed really??? That he sucks! I am not saying Ryan Williams is great but he did face tough run defenses. Miami has a solid run defense, so the person that said his stats were a joke against them doesn't really look at defensive stats.

Ryan Williams has a solid match-up this week. If he doesn't do good this week, then I would be more skeptical of him. But I would personally take a shot with him this week. He has a better chance of having a big game then Johnson does. Vikes defense is no joke. Tough to run on them....And if this league is a standard league and not a PPR league, then I think this is definetly a no brainer and you sit Johnson.

Johnson has been garbage all year!! I consider his last game a fluke!! I can see why you are skeptical of starting him. I would go Williams if it was me, but I like to take some chances...I don't see this as taking a chance honestly. Chris Johnson will NOT blow up on the vikes especially in Minnesota. Hope this helps!!
Eastman19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aalkatrio » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Definitely helps, thanks! I'll take the risk with Williams. Either way it seems to be a crap shoot.
aalkatrio
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FosterKnows » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 am

Im glad someone said Williams. I was starting to get really depressed reading some of those responses, sorry. But yes Williams all the way. I like his match up this week. I think the Rams are going to over concentrate the pass and get caught sleeping on the run. Anyways Williams game last week against one of the toughest run defenses is how Johnson has played against every defense. Yeah he finally got a respectable fantasy game last week. But in the Houston's "sympathy" playtime. Meaning.. "Oh, sorry we got up on you guys that fast. Here, go ahead a score a few touchdowns.. No I mean it, we want you to have some rushing yards Chris, you deserve it." He is a wait and watch player maybe even a soon to be drop and never look back player. Hope this helps.
FosterKnows
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 25)

Postby Longhawk » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 am

I don't like Johnson this year so far, and the Vikings do have a good run D, think its worth taking the shot with Williams.

Help here:

viewtopic.php?t=524227
Longhawk
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Who to Start/Bench