Hogs RULE!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hogs RULE!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hogs RULE!!

Postby Putt4eagle » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:54 pm

Just thought I would stop by and post the results of the PA v. Cafe league. Hog, PMD Joe beat Dazed by 20 points in the final week to take the title. Congrats to the HOGs and thanks for playing to all. Hope you enjoyed it. See you next year.
Oiler coach Bum Phillips: When asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips responded, "Because she is too damn ugly to kiss goodbye."
Putt4eagle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:50 am

I've checked your forum out. Good stuff with good guys posting. To beat the cafe your on to something. Congrats!!!!

Next year..................Cafe all the way. Nice win Hogs.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slowkidz » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:19 am

congratz to Joe there Putt...

it was a good competition...i love it when it comes down to the wire like that!! ;-D

we'll be ready for you guys again next year...and hopefully it won't be as painful drafting as it was this year. ;-)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Homeless » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:50 am

Lets not lose sight of the fact the survivor league computer made half his teams picks for him, but that aside, well done :-b

See ya next year.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Poobah » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:00 pm

Homeless wrote:Lets not lose sight of the fact the survivor league computer made half his teams picks for him, but that aside, well done :-b

See ya next year.

Just had to drop that in there, Homey?

A begrudging congrats to the Hogs....
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:55 pm

bah!..i was screwed!...i want holt and deuce to explain themselfs for screwing me over!!!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Putt4eagle » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:57 am

Homeless wrote:Lets not lose sight of the fact the survivor league computer made half his teams picks for him, but that aside, well done :-b

See ya next year.

YOUR OUT OF YOUR MIND!! Joe made all of his picks. Not a very gracious loser, Homey. What the hell? But I digress, granted there were some hitches with the draft. Most of which were handled at the time. If we do this next year, we will do a live draft. We just won't let any guys with 8 & 1/2 month pregnant wives play.

Anyway, to be honest, I was a little disappointed with this league. We had the same set up with a few other boards and at least they stopped by everyonce in a while to bust our balls when we lost. It made for some intersting threads anyway. We never heard from you guys. Was it because you guys were behind the eightball almost the entire season? You guys had three of the first four teams eliminated. My hope was to build a little freindly rivalry betwen the boards. But whatever.

Bukoski77,

Glad you enjoyed your visit. Don't be a stranger.

Putt.
Oiler coach Bum Phillips: When asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips responded, "Because she is too damn ugly to kiss goodbye."
Putt4eagle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Putt4eagle » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:02 am

Dazedncnfz wrote:bah!..i was screwed!...i want holt and deuce to explain themselfs for screwing me over!!!

I hear ya brother. Thank God, I was on bye with the team I had those two on. This week they should rebound. (I hope). But the totals were a two week deal. You lead with 4 points going into the second week. I think I would have had a shot at taking the whole damn thing if it were not for Garcia getting hurt. I blew both you and Joe away the last two weeks, once he got back.

Edit -

Just noticed your tag Dazd. If I read it correctly that is where you stack up in your leagues. I like the idea. Nice to see your willing to let your FF record speak for you. Kudoz.

For the record.

Big money league - 12-2 number one seed but will lose this week to the high point earner who went 8-6.

Little money league - 9-4 after the bye last week. Feeling better about my prospects in this one than the other. I ran off five wins in a row to win the division thanks in part to S. Moss and the combo of Dunn and Westbrook. (And playing them in the flex spot on the just the right weeks.)

Dynasty league - Oh, the humanity!!! I won three games. In my own defense, I didn't draft the team but tookover after week three. I blame the bad season on the Raiders more than that tho. I have a good solid core of guys to build from and I look forward to an active post season.

Survivor - finished third to Dazd and Joe.
Putt4eagle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Super Freak » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:17 am

next year cafe will win GO CAFE
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:15 am

First, he did not make all his picks, he missed at least 3, one of which you reversed for him after the PC made the pick.Trust me I know.

Second, you say you wanted us to bust your balls, thats what im doing here and your getting upset :-)

Third, we took two teams to the playoffs just like you, that sounds like a pretty even race to me.

Im sure we'll be back at it next year, if you guys are still around :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Next

Return to Football Talk