Lawfirm? Moore? Miller? IDK!!! Whir as always! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Lawfirm? Moore? Miller? IDK!!! Whir as always!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lawfirm? Moore? Miller? IDK!!! Whir as always!

Postby ZiggyZiggington » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Aight, so im a little stuck this week on potential matchups. More so than usual, that is. 12 team, standard scoring league. Need 2 RB's, 2 WR's. 1 Flex RB/WR, and 1 TE.

RB2 potentials (Charles is locked in at rb1, naturally)-Ryan Williams, Lawfirm, SJax...Lawfirm does seem like the winner here, but considering Miami's run D, especially on the left side where BJGE likes to get his yardage from, could be setting up for failure here.

WR potentials-Lance Moore, Amendola, Steve Smith (car.), Pierre Garcon, Andre Roberts, Meachem...Meachem is a dud, Rivers cant seem to see guys shorter than 6'4...but a case could be made for the rest of them probably.

TE potentials-Finley, Roudolph, Miller...I clearly have too many TE's, working on that, but while I have them all its a tough call. Finley is by far the most athletic, Roudolph is a safety valve in a pedestrian offense and has a pretty good matchup w/ Ten, and Big Ben seems to be having a love affair w/ Miller.

Always help in return guys, thanks!
Last edited by ZiggyZiggington on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZiggyZiggington
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lawfirm? Moore? Miller? IDK!!! Whir as always!

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 pm

ZiggyZiggington wrote:Aight, so im a little stuck this week on potential matchups. More so than usual, that is. 12 team, standard league.

RB2 potentials (Charles is locked in at rb1, naturally)-Ryan Williams, Lawfirm, SJax...Lawfirm does seem like the winner here, but considering Miami's run D, especially on the left side where BJGE likes to get his yardage from, could be setting up for failure here.

WR potentials-Lance Moore, Amendola, Steve Smith (car.), Pierre Garcon, Andre Roberts, Meachem...Meachem is a dud, Rivers cant seem to see guys shorter than 6'4...but a case could be made for the rest of them probably.

TE potentials-Finley, Roudolph, Miller...I clearly have too many TE's, working on that, but while I have them all its a tough call. Finley is by far the most athletic, Roudolph is a safety valve in a pedestrian offense and has a pretty good matchup w/ Ten, and Big Ben seems to be having a love affair w/ Miller.

Always help in return guys, thanks!

for you're RB's, SJax and Lawfirm both have tough matchups, Williams has the best match up, and I'd probably go with him over the rest just purely because of the match up. If you doubt the Cards ability to run then I'd go with Lawfirm over SJax.

WR's I'm not sure how many you start or if its ppr or not so I'll just rank the guys in order of who I'd start in both PPR and Standard.. for standard, I think I like Garcon, Amendola, Smith, Moore, Roberts, Meachem. Though the first three are pretty tight, and I could argue for Smith to be ahead of either guy, but with his inability to connect with Cam this year I put him 3rd of the group. Amendola will get his regardless, but Garcon is RG3's favorite target and is more likely to score. PPR I think its Amendola, Moore, Garcon, Smith, Roberts Meachem. Moore jumps up quite a bit with the catches, same with Amendola. Garcon ahead of Smith with Smith not clicking with Cam yet.

TE I like Rudolph, the Titans are giving up the most fantasy points per game to the TE position. I have a hard time starting Finley as he's hit or miss, but has looked more consistent with Jennings out.. If you felt sketchy at all with Rudolph I think you could go with Finley. I'd go with Rudolph though.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=524169
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 am

Thanks for your help.

I think Lawfirm is your best bet to do well this week. I actually like the run Ds of ARI and STL next week, and expect it to be the main focal point of both defenses. Meanwhile Lawfirm is going up against a team they likely should beat, likely should run the clock on, and that gives him the most work, and to me, the most value.

At WR, I'm starting Lance Moore every week now, and Steve Smith is someone you can't take out of the lineup - he may not be putting up monster numbers, but is a possible blowup candidate week in and week out. I'm not worried that much about Seattle's D stopping Smith, he's just far too quick for any of them to keep up with. As for the Flex, I never trust guys coming off injury (Garcon), and Meachem is far too inconsistent. Leaves Amendola and Roberts... I personally would play Roberts. He's the clear #2 to Fitz and anyone with any talent should be able to take advantage of that. He does have competition for looks at WR (Fitz, Doucet, Floyd) but not so much at TE (Heap, Housler). In addition, beyond Finnegan, I'm not a huge fan of the Rams secondary. Flex for Roberts.

At TE, I think Rudolph is a must-start every week. He has a ball-protection oriented QB, he has glue-based hands, and is on a roster with a lot of speed and deep threats, but not quality possession guys, and thats what Rudolph is. He's the #1 target in the redzone, and I'm not sure Finley is for GB. Miller is a touch bench, especially since Big Ben apparently wants him in the Pro Bowl, but that seems a little boom or bust to me. I think Rudloph has a higher floor and upside than the other 2
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)

Postby David592207 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks for the help with mine. I have BJGE and SJax as well as Rudy on my team too. Unfortunately, the first 2 have just been plodders between the 20's (high volume/low yield). I'd go with BJGE. AZ can't run block. WR's: Garcon, Moore and Smith for FLEX. I think Amendola will draw double coverage and force Bradford to look for Gibson. Cards D is real deal too. Go with Rudy @ TE. Less upside but safer than Finley.
David592207
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Who to Start/Bench