james jones or amendola. whir - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

james jones or amendola. whir

Moderator: Football Moderators

james jones or amendola. whir

Postby tarheeldave » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:30 pm

what do yall think considering that jennings most likely won play and jones will get increased targets
tarheeldave
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: james jones or amendola. whir

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:40 pm

tarheeldave wrote:what do yall think considering that jennings most likely won play and jones will get increased targets

if its non ppr I think its a good play, ppr is a little tougher as I think Amendola will still get his catches and Jones will get less catches but seems more likely to score.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=524169
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby ZiggyZiggington » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Jeff Fischer likes to run the ball first, so Amendola will get his catches (probably wont get however many ridiculous targets he got last week, but enough) and with Jackson underproducing like he has been, I can see some decent yardage and a TD out of him. If its PPR id go with him. If its standard, James Jones, as McCarthy loves to pass with his gunslinger under center. He spreads the ball around quite a bit but like you said with Jennings out, thats one less consistent target Rodgers has to choose from. Plus they are playing Indy, with a really bad secondary, while Amendola has to match up with Arizona's surprisingly effective defense (though still pedestrian secondary). While AZ has given up a lot more yards through the air than Indy (864yds through 4 games vs. 568yds through 3 games for indy), Indianapolis has allowed 4 TD's in their 3 games vs. Arizona's 2 TD's in 4 games. Prognosis, id go with Jones on this one, given standard scoring.
ZiggyZiggington
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Longhawk » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:24 am

I think it depends on whether you need solid points or big point potential. Think Amendola will get you points, and while the Cards D is good, the secondary can be hurt, STL has a smart QB and he goes to Amendola alot. Jones could be huge or could get 2 catches for a miserable day, just too many other good options for GB. Amendola is a #1 WR on a weaker offense, Jones is one of many on a great offense. I would probably start Amendola.

Help here:

viewtopic.php?t=524227
Longhawk
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby jm968859 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 am

Jones
jm968859
Water Boy