CJ Spiller for Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

CJ Spiller for Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

CJ Spiller for Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson

Postby Cinemafreak1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 am

Ok, this seems to be a great deal and yes I want one of those WRs but here's the issue.

I am in a 16 team league, Calvin is on a bye week/Julio is at week 7, and I would have to hit the wire for a chump RB(mcknight/Jennings/...bad I know) for this week since Darren Mcfadden is also on a bye week, Michael Turner is my other RB. He has no other RBs to do a trade. My other WRs are Bowe, Torry Smith, Nicks, Jerome Simpson, and Hixon.

The other issue is the fact that Trades are voted on, so I am not sure they will approve Spiller for Johnson...I am not sure I should go for that as it would tell everyone he's willing to trade and get more offers.

What should I do?

League Settings:

We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, W/T, W/R, K, LB, DB, DL

Fractional Pts
Passing Yards 30 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -2
Sacks -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Yards 20 yards per point
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
40+ Yard Rushing Attempts 2
Cinemafreak1 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: CJ Spiller for Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson

Postby LockerShocker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:31 am

Lets face it.. this deal is a steal. Bowe & Torrey Smith will have good games. He won't wait until Tuesday to do the trade? If you can wait it out... I would. Calvin Johnson on your bench, and no RB this week may be a loss for you, depending on who you play. I would 100% take Calvin Johnson over Julio Jones. If he waits until Tuesday to do the deal... here is my advice, take one of your WR's you don't value as high (Nicks or Jerome Simpson) and trade him for a RB 2-3.
LockerShocker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby srlarson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 am

I would go for either one.....in a heartbeat.......Try it....if they veto the trade get out of that league....the only way trades should be vetoed is if you can prove collusion.......if not your all big boys......

Let it Buck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Cinemafreak1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:12 am

LockerShocker wrote:Lets face it.. this deal is a steal. Bowe & Torrey Smith will have good games. He won't wait until Tuesday to do the trade? If you can wait it out... I would. Calvin Johnson on your bench, and no RB this week may be a loss for you, depending on who you play. I would 100% take Calvin Johnson over Julio Jones. If he waits until Tuesday to do the deal... here is my advice, take one of your WR's you don't value as high (Nicks or Jerome Simpson) and trade him for a RB 2-3.

Good advise. Looking to see if he is willing to do CJ and WR of Calvin and RB (his worst that is starting this week).

Anyone else?
Cinemafreak1 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cinemafreak1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Thanks for the help!!!

Got Julio Jones for Spiller straight up....not enough votes against...I love lazyness.
Cinemafreak1 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions