Heath Miller for Stafford Should this be vetoed? WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Heath Miller for Stafford Should this be vetoed? WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Heath Miller for Stafford Should this be vetoed? WHIR!!

Postby jafo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:57 am

We have an 8 team "super league" but it is a money league ($50) per person. It is a PPR league with the following relevant scoring:

QB TD = 4 pt
25 Yds Passing = 1 pt
RB/WR/TE TD = 6 pt
10 yds rushing/receiving = 1 pt

We start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 2 Flex (WR, RB, TE), K, DEF

Here is the dilemma, the guy who owns Stafford simply wants to drop him and says he'll just use Flacco (owns him as well). Unfortunately, Stafford is on ESPN's undroppable list so he can't do that. I believe his idea is to trade Stafford for Miller and simply drop Miller. The guy receiving Stafford also has Tom Brady so he has a potential huge trading piece moving forward.

Any thoughts? Should this be allowed or is this an automatic veto by the commish??

WHIR, thanks!!
jafo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Heath Miller for Stafford Should this be vetoed? WHIR!!

Postby Hags888 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:19 pm

I only like to veto trades when there is obvious collusion or when the deal is so utterly lopsided that it just doesn't make any sense. In this case, it's utterly lopsided. Heath Miller has some increased value, but there just no way he'll compare to what was a Top 5 QB off the board in the draft. Maybe a very inexperienced player might see the point totals and TDs of Miller and think it's more fair than it is. But, Miller's hot start is unsustainable, and Stafford's slump will likley turn around. I think you have to veto this one. I would inform them that the deal is very lopsided, and that the team giving up Miller needs to throw in at least 1 other player to make it closer to fair.

But, maybe that's just me.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:02 pm

The fact that he wanted to drop Stafford without even trying to trade him and then let him go at fire sale price is just plain dumb - shouldn't even have this guy in your league!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby jafo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 am

This was resolved. The guy really didn't want Stafford on his team, so the trade ended up being Eli for Stafford...I can live with that.
jafo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Commissioner's Corner