RB Trouble WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RB Trouble WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB Trouble WHIR

Postby drhanl » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:25 pm

PPR league. I am 1-3 with 2nd most points in the league. I expected to be 3-1 and not worry about my RB bye weeks too much. I drafted a bunch of guys that I hoped would pan out, and they haven't. blount, Redman, yada yada yada. I have no one I can plug in to fill my bye week at RB.

Roster:

QB: Eli
RB: Foster
RB: Sproles
WR: Bowe
WR: D. Thomas
WR: Hartline
TE: Gronk

unbelievable starting lineup. But, I have 0 depth.

Bench:

Garcon
Ogletree
B. Powell
Blackmon
Heyward Bey

It seems that I have 2 possible trade partners. 1 guy has J. Rodgers, who I like in PPR formats. And, another has D. Martin, Leshoure, and A. Morris. All pretty much interchangeable. He has WR problems this week because of byes and injuries.

I offered Garcon for D. Martin. He declined. He countered Leshoure for Garcon. I offered Blackmon, Heyward Bey, but no luck.

Sproles is on bye week 6. Foster week 8. All 3 of my starting WR's off week 7. If I trade Garcon, then I have problems week 7. I cannot go 0-3 in that stretch. Really need to find a way to win 2 of those 3 weeks.

What would you do?
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB Trouble WHIR

Postby bandoogie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:33 pm

offer Hartline for Martin or Morris

answer mine please: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=524316
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby MPappadato » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Play for the now. You need wins ASAP. I would deal Garcon for LeShoure and then worry about your starting WR next week. This league changes fast- you will have wire options in week 7 plus you can still make some deals at that point with an extra RB to dangle.

Take a look at mine if you'd like : viewtopic.php?t=524131
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby JaysFan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Sell high on Hartline. NO CHANCE HE KEEPS THAT UP. Go after Morris, he's an absolute beast that squats almost 700lbs (ie. he's legit!)

Help me??? viewtopic.php?t=524353
JaysFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Postby drhanl » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:48 pm

I now have an offer from another owner of bjge for hartline. But bjge is off week 8. I asked for McGhee, he countered.
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby bandoogie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 pm

I wouldn't do Hartline for BJGE
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)

Postby cfred » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:43 pm

My only question is... How many teams deep is this league? There has got to be someone out there like B. Boldin or K. Hunter that could give you a somewhat decent 2nd string running back option. Why do you still have Ogletree on your team? I do not think he is going to produce worth owning unless there are injuries to Austin or Dez. Week 1 was a fluke.

If there are no FAs worth it out there and you absolutely need a RB for a bye next week... I'd seriously consider that Leshoure for Garcon deal. Maybe you can get a throw in 2nd string RB/handcuff if u can't find one on waivers. (and then drop Ogletree)

Thanks for the compliment on my post here by the way.

You're welcome to weigh in on my topic here. viewtopic.php?t=524497 Although, I'm already pretty sure about what I'm going to do.
cfred
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Instant Karma » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:07 pm

I wouldn't agree that Morris, Martin, and Leshoure are "interchangeable". You might feel that way, but I'll bet their owners do not.

I'd be willing to bet that the Martin owner in my league would trade for my Morris in a minute. And Leshoure looked good in his first week but was underwhelming in his second. Morris is on a tier above those two.

I'd rank them

Morris

Leshoure
Martin
10-team H2H non-PPR Yahoo league (qb,wr,wr, wr, rb, rb, te, k, dst)

QB: RG III, Romo
RB: McCoy, Matthews, Morris, LeShoure
WR: Fitzgerald, R. White, D. Thomas, Britt, L. Moore
TE: Hernandez, Bennett
K: Tucker
DST: Seattle
Instant Karma
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby riley yorkington » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:05 pm

First, I agree with the above that Morris should be valued a lot higher than the others. If I was you, I'd actually try and trade one of your starters - maybe package Sproles with DHB for someone. Or even, say, Bowe for RB+WR. Since there's no flex, RBs shouldn't be valued as highly in that league and you should be able to snag one for Bowe/DT.

You're just in a tough spot and must have been super unlucky to go 1-3 with that ridiculous lineup. Time to make a move and give up one of your starters to shore up your weaknesses - with no depth, I really doubt you go 2-1 in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your opinion on mine.
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions